Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question - Connecting Threads Thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-connecting-threads-thread-t192959.html)

luvstoquilt301 06-28-2012 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5321851)
I've gone to a thinner thread for piecing (often using BottomLine in top and bottom) and usually use poly thread for quilting in the longarm, although I have also used CT and have had no problems with it for piecing or quilting. It does have more lint than Aurifil or Masterpiece, but much less than C&C. CT now has poly cones in several colors.

Did you have any trouble when pressing with the Bottom line top and bottom? Mine sort of melted and when I quilted it--the seams were pulling apart. This was on the long arm. They now do not recommend it for piecing I believe. I wrote to Superior about this problem.

sandy l 06-28-2012 03:03 AM

I use CT thread for piecing, but my long arm doesn't like it.

Jackie Spencer 06-28-2012 04:24 AM

I use it with my Bernina and Janome and have no problems. Love the price, and all the beautiful colors.

LynnVT 06-28-2012 05:34 AM

Hmm, as I expected, answers at both ends of the spectrum. My Janome does tend to get fluff bunnies under the bobbin, so maybe I should stick to the aurifil as that is much less linty than most. Will probably try some CT when I put in an order there. I did like their solid fabric groupings, so it would make a good set. Thank you all for your advice.
Lynn

Donnamarie 06-28-2012 05:51 AM

I recently ordered the America and the Salt and Pepper set. Loved the price and actually I really l like the thread. It has a long staple (which I like) and have not noticed lint at all. I have a Bernina and have not experienced any problems so far.

burchquilts 06-28-2012 04:39 PM

I like any & everything from CT... thread included!

romanojg 06-28-2012 09:06 PM

I love Aurifil and use it almost exclusivly but needed to cut cost so I got the large spool of their thread to try. I have a Janome and a Viking Ruby machine and both do well with it. It's not in the same league with Aurifil but then neither is the price. I don't have any issues with my machines and haven't noticed a lot of lint either. The company stands behind their thread and will replace anything you aren't happy with so try a spool and judge for yourself to see if it works for you. I'll buy it again.

JustAbitCrazy 06-28-2012 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5321938)
I tried the Essential Pro on my LA and had a terrible time with it. Switched back to King Tut and no more problems. But LAs are very picky. I have some regular Essential thread I need to try. It's a little thicker than I usually use, but if it works I'll probably order more. I've been using YLI Soft Touch (60 wt) for piecing for years and it's a great cotton thread.

Wow-60 wt! That's really thin! I've never heard of that thread, and the thinnest cotton thread I've used is 50 wt Aurifil, but I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the info.!

krabadan 06-29-2012 10:46 AM

I use it almost consistently and have had no problem with it.

Quilty-Louise 06-29-2012 10:52 AM

I LOVE their thread been using it for several years now.

In fact it is the ONLY thread I use that is not machine embroidery
thread.

I don't have ALL the colors but I do have many of them (about 30+).