Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question regarding Singer Embroidery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-regarding-singer-embroidery-machine-t56299.html)

dmarcho 07-26-2010 06:44 AM

I inherited a new, still in the box, Singer CE 250. I was just getting the hang of it when my computer crashed. Purchased a new computer, but alas it was a 64bit rather than a 32bit which required a software upgrade for the machine. Software is installed but I keep getting a message window saying, " make sure power is on and USB is plugged in." The power is on and the USB is plugged in and I still get the message. We have tried uninstalling and starting over, but still no go. If anyone has experience with this, I would really, really appreciate your insight. Thanks.

kathy 07-26-2010 06:50 AM

mine is the ce100, upgraded to the 250 but turn off the machine, reboot the computer, turn on the machine then open the software.
hope it works for your

dmarcho 07-26-2010 03:10 PM

Thank you. I have just un-installed everything and will start again from scratch. Some of the instructions say to have the machine on and connected to the computer and some say have the machine off and un-connected. I will keep trying until I figure it out.

kathy 07-26-2010 03:18 PM

I think it's not connected while you install software, but for each time you use it, connect and turn on the machine before you open the program. let us know if it works.

virtualbernie 07-26-2010 09:37 PM

I have the 250 and a 64 bit computer. I downloaded the 64 bit fix and had no problems. Did you download the specific file for the 64 bit machine? I'll try to research too to see if I can find something.

dmarcho 07-27-2010 01:06 AM

Did you download the fix from the Singer website or a free one? A friend that works with sewing machines gave me a free website to download from rather than pay the $130.00 from Singer. That may be the problem and I may have no choice but to purchase it from Singer and I will if that is what I need to do. The one I downloaded read like it was exactly what I needed.
The one I used said that it was the 64 bit for the 250 and for Windows 7, Vista etc.

kathy 07-27-2010 07:15 AM

I don't know but it seems like it should be a free fix, from Singer

virtualbernie 07-27-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
I don't know but it seems like it should be a free fix, from Singer

There is a free fix.

virtualbernie 07-27-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by dmarcho
Did you download the fix from the Singer website or a free one? A friend that works with sewing machines gave me a free website to download from rather than pay the $130.00 from Singer. That may be the problem and I may have no choice but to purchase it from Singer and I will if that is what I need to do. The one I downloaded read like it was exactly what I needed.
The one I used said that it was the 64 bit for the 250 and for Windows 7, Vista etc.

I PM'd you.