Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question regarding Take 5 Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-regarding-take-5-pattern-t126365.html)

nclauri 05-28-2011 04:07 PM

Can someone please explain the Take 5 pattern to me and those of you that have used this pattern can you let me know if you liked it or not and post photos? Thanks in advance.

blueangel 05-28-2011 04:12 PM

Yes I liked the pattern. I have made two quilts from that pattern.

Sadiemae 05-28-2011 04:14 PM

Take 5 minutes to choose 5 fabrics, cut 5/8 of a yard of each and in 5 hours you've made a quilt top!

This is the way the advertising for the pattern describes it. I made a baby quilt, but didn't take photos. It is simple, and you don't have to match seams until you sew your blocks together.

Bevsie 05-28-2011 04:42 PM

Hi,

Take 5 is a great pattern! It goes together easy and you can either lay your blocks out the way the pattern shows, or you can mix them around until you find the layout pleasing to you. I have made several of them, also the baby version that is included in the pattern.
You will like it!

Bev

Bevsie 05-28-2011 04:43 PM

Hi,

Take 5 is a great pattern! It goes together easy and you can either lay your blocks out the way the pattern shows, or you can mix them around until you find the layout pleasing to you. I have made several of them, also the baby version that is included in the pattern.
You will like it!

Bev

whoops, replied twice I see, not sure how to delete it! I really wanted you to know I like the pattern, two times!!

nana20010 05-28-2011 05:41 PM

were do u get the pattern never heard of it

AlleyCat 05-28-2011 05:48 PM

The Teacher's Pet is the Designer/Author. The orignal pattern came out about 4 to 5 years ago, but it has stayed very popular in my area due to how easy it is.

wolfkitty 05-28-2011 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Take 5 minutes to choose 5 fabrics, cut 5/8 of a yard of each and in 5 hours you've made a quilt top!

This is the way the advertising for the pattern describes it. I made a baby quilt, but didn't take photos. It is simple, and you don't have to match seams until you sew your blocks together.

I wondered where the title came from, because I sure couldn't come up with anything in the pattern that applied to the name! Thanks!

nclauri 05-29-2011 04:10 AM

Thanks for the replies. I saw it somewhere on one of the shop hops. I will have to get a pattern and make one. Anything easy is great!

Lindsey 05-29-2011 04:34 AM

I have made two of these quilts and i DO Love making it. Its sew easy to make and the only thing I object to is its square. This is one I made for my grandson and he says I need to make it longer. So I would add another row to get it longer. I made a turning twenty that is now a turning 25 by adding five more fat quarters. Now that is a big quilt.