Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-t128224.html)

Alexa 06-05-2011 10:26 AM

Oh, lucky you!~

eastermarie 06-05-2011 10:31 AM

At least the backing wasn't a dark fabric like black.

Rhonda 06-05-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by dunster

Originally Posted by Alexa
I'm completely amazed at how fast you all answered my question!! Thanks.

If you want to be even more amazed - I'm answering while on vacation in England!

we are going to see pictures aren't we dunster?????? Hope you're having fun!!

dunster 06-05-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

If you want to be even more amazed - I'm answering while on vacation in England!

Thanks. I start home on Tuesday. I've taken many pictures of antique quilts in historic homes and castles and will post a bunch of them when I get home and have a chance to get them organized.

Rhonda 06-05-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Thanks. I start home on Tuesday. I've taken many pictures of antique quilts in historic homes and castles and will post a bunch of them when I get home and have a chance to get them organized.

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! my first thought was I wish I was there!! LOL I keep telling K3n one of these days I would love to sit at her table drinking tea with her!! Would love to travel to England.

scrappycats 06-05-2011 10:53 AM

I don't use cheap batting and still get that, perhaps not as bad you described, but bad enough I had to do something about it before washing. When I wash them without removing the lint and fluff, it doesn't always come off, but instead pills up.

I just use a lint roller when I am through and not worry about it during the process. Since I have cats who love to lay on my quilts in progress, I would have to use the lint roller anyway.

Alexa 06-05-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by eastermarie
At least the backing wasn't a dark fabric like black.

Oh, but it is!

CarolinePaj 06-05-2011 12:23 PM

Well guys,

If you ever get to England you must promise to visit me in sunny Suffolk.... a beautiful county with loads to see..... !

Hugs

JanetLW 06-06-2011 03:19 AM

Warm and Natural comes on bolts as well as in packaging. I use it all of the time and actually did have that same problem with just one quilt; I never figured out why this happened.

dove 06-06-2011 03:45 AM

i've had lint and just used a lint roller to pick it up...never had a problem with sewing over it though:/