Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   question for those with viking saphire or viking tribute 140c... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-those-viking-saphire-viking-tribute-140c-t190695.html)

twoxover 06-03-2012 07:46 AM

question for those with viking saphire or viking tribute 140c...

i'm awaiting the arrival of my tribute 140c. my question is....i have an older viking 350, and have a walking foot for it. i notice on the website there is a different style walking foot. does anyone know if my older walking foot will work with the new machine???

Thank you so much!

betsey

crafterrn1 06-03-2012 08:54 AM

Your best bet is calling thecompany they will know. I did check the Vicking web site and it does apper to have the dual feed foot with it. There is another foot available. Luann in CT

jeank 06-03-2012 09:05 AM

Viking machines are catagorized by a number. For instance my Scandinavia and the Platinum machines are #6. Any feet that are for the #6 will fit. You will have to find out what number your machines are in. Ask your dealer.

icon17 06-03-2012 09:08 AM

I don't know But I just Try them out! BUT just only with my hand on the fly wheel !! turning IT!! to see how it goe's and if it works that way I try with the foot peadle BUT very slow!! :)
I've only got 1 walking Foot a 'Brother' for straight shaft. So far it has worked on my FW. All my old Kenmores, some I can't remember right now, I have over 30 + machines!! LOL I'm not only a 'Fabric-oholic' but a 'Machine-oholic' Too!

twoxover 06-03-2012 10:32 AM

thanks everyone! will start researching!!

1000projects 06-03-2012 12:07 PM

At the dealer, the accessories are numbered 1-7 with which machines they work with. You just need your machine's number. :-)

romanojg 06-04-2012 04:49 AM

I have an two Vikings and when I bought my latest I was told all the feet from my oldie will fit my new one. You are probably talking about the new interchaneable walking foot and it's limited to what machines it will fit. You shouldn't have a problem with your machines though. You can go to Vikings website and look at the accessories catolog; in the front of it you will see all the machines and what # they are; like my Ruby is a #7 and my #1 is a 1 and so on. Then go to where the walking feet are and it will show what all machines use each one. Hope this helps.

twoxover 06-04-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 5264123)
I have an two Vikings and when I bought my latest I was told all the feet from my oldie will fit my new one. You are probably talking about the new interchaneable walking foot and it's limited to what machines it will fit. You shouldn't have a problem with your machines though. You can go to Vikings website and look at the accessories catolog; in the front of it you will see all the machines and what # they are; like my Ruby is a #7 and my #1 is a 1 and so on. Then go to where the walking feet are and it will show what all machines use each one. Hope this helps.

thankyou! have you tried the new interchangeable walking foot? do you like it???

romanojg 06-05-2012 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by twoxover (Post 5264917)
thankyou! have you tried the new interchangeable walking foot? do you like it???

You can do everything with it. Forwards backwards, zig zag. So many things that you can't do with a normal foot. I think if you google it you can find a video out there that shows it in use. I think they have about 4 different feet that goes with it including a 1/4 in. It was good thinking or Vikings part; that and the cutwork needles; my favorite.

twoxover 06-06-2012 03:06 AM

thank you Judy!