Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Questions--cleaning up my 1892 model 27 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/questions-cleaning-up-my-1892-model-27-a-t111102.html)

cabbagepatchkid 03-27-2011 06:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am in the process of giving my beautiful old gal a good cleaning to get her ready for using. I've taken some of the parts off but I can't seem to get the handwheel off.

I am including a couple of pics to show what I mean. I actually was hoping to covert it to a handcrank but I don't see the hole to attach the crank so I will be aiming for a treadle machine, instead. When I bought it at the thrift shop it had a motor on it, which I have removed because the wiring is bad.

Another question is: Can I take the 'stitch length regulator screw' (is that the name of it?) all the way out to clean it or will it mess up something on the inside?

This is my Model 27--1892 thrift shop find
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175696[/ATTACH]

Hand wheel is stuck. I've used plenty of Liquid Wrench on it while holding it on end to allow it to drip it a little better
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175697[/ATTACH]

What is this screw, that is under the handwheel? Is this somehow attached to the handwheel making it impossible to get it off? The other knob, in the lower left hand corner is the stitch length regulator. Can I take that all the way out to be able to clean it better?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175699[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 03-27-2011 06:59 AM

What a beautiful machine! I would pm Billy,
lostn51

ShirlinAZ 03-27-2011 07:00 AM

At the bottom of this page click on Topic Lists. Go to the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop and click. You may find the info you need is already there. That is the BEST place for info on old machines. Lostn51 (Billy) is especially great help.

Your machine is beautiful.

cabbagepatchkid 03-27-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ
At the bottom of this page click on Topic Lists. Go to the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop and click. You may find the info you need is already there. That is the BEST place for info on old machines. Lostn51 (Billy) is especially great help.

Your machine is beautiful.

Thank you :-D. I'm hoping that Billy will put this thread into the "Vintage Sewing Machine Shop" section so that all of the knowledgeable vintage collectors will see this question. I can't actually 'post' in that section because it is a 'virtual' section.

jlm5419 03-27-2011 07:49 AM

Gorgeous machine!

Scrap Happy 03-27-2011 08:00 AM

She's absolutely beautiful!! Billy would probably love to see a picture of her. He is a wealth of knowledge about these lovely old machines.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-27-2011 10:57 AM

I've never seen those decals before. Just beautiful :)

quilter711 03-27-2011 11:25 AM

Cathy,
You must have a house just for your machines. Good luck in getting your information. Please let us know how you get the hand wheel off. Beautiful decals on this!

Nancy

butterflywing 03-27-2011 02:47 PM

PM him and link him up to this post.