Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quick Rail Fence for soldiers in Afghanistan (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quick-rail-fence-soldiers-afghanistan-t63428.html)

Jan in VA 09-06-2010 06:05 PM

Hallelujah! Oatw13 thanks for your efforts!
There are 2 more; do you wanna try to post them, too?
PM me with your regular email addy and I'll send it to you for posting here.
THanks a bunch!

Jan in VA

dkabasketlady 09-06-2010 06:32 PM

I didn't have any trouble with what you posted Jan!!!

Jan in VA 09-06-2010 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I didn't have any trouble with what you posted Jan!!!

Okay, I'll try again.
Jan in VA

Jan in VA 09-06-2010 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the last one.....

virtualbernie 09-06-2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Can't do it; I saved the file as a Word doc on my computer and don't know how to change it. SORRY!
If someone could delete this whole topic, that would be good.

Jan in VA

Did you use Word to create it? What verision? In Word 2007 you can "save as" and then choose PDF or XPS. Even if you didn't create it in Word, once it's in there you can still save as PDF.

Linda B 09-06-2010 08:13 PM

Jan, I love your patterns and will plan to make at least one of them. A question, though. The size seems kind of small for a grown man. Are you sure about these dimensions? Also, can you tell us how soon you need them. Bless you for undertaking the organizing of all this. I know it must be alot of work even though I'm sure it is a labor of love.

wolfkitty 09-06-2010 08:18 PM

I have a Mac and it opened in Abiword. I didn't have any trouble reading it. Abiword is a free download.

tcnmom 09-06-2010 08:29 PM

I could print all the patterns. Good job Jan.

Jan in VA 09-07-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Can't do it; I saved the file as a Word doc on my computer and don't know how to change it. SORRY!
If someone could delete this whole topic, that would be good.

Jan in VA

Did you use Word to create it? What verision? In Word 2007 you can "save as" and then choose PDF or XPS. Even if you didn't create it in Word, once it's in there you can still save as PDF.

Thank you for this tip! I will look into this later today or tomorrow, it's a learning curve I'll have to allow some time for. Right now I'm up to my substantial patootie in quilting, fabrics, email, and designs for soldiers! It's just wonderful!!
Jan in VA

Jan in VA 09-07-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
Jan, I love your patterns and will plan to make at least one of them. A question, though. The size seems kind of small for a grown man. Are you sure about these dimensions? Also, can you tell us how soon you need them. Bless you for undertaking the organizing of all this. I know it must be alot of work even though I'm sure it is a labor of love.

LindaB,
Thank you for your concern. We've chosen this size because the quilts will go on the soldiers' cots in the barracks as a way to add color into their very beige-drab environment in the western desert of Afghanistan. Quilts are not so much needed as a warm covering in this case, but as a hug and comfort from Americans at home. We are looking for very simple, colorful quilts with thin batting (Quilters Dream Request is perfect though expensive. And if you even just send a top, we'll see it completed and shipped on. I intend to ship the first packages with in 7-8 weeks or less, and continue on as long as we receive quilts.
Also, make yours any size you wish, definitely!!

Thank you!
Jan in VA