Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Challenge for Me..... What is your challenge for this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-challenge-me-what-your-challenge-year-t143504.html)

DannyValentine 08-07-2011 09:07 PM

Last year I attempted to the quilt sampler from Jennifer Chiaverini's Quilter's Apprentice for my husband for Christmas. I ran out of time, fabric and interest and decided to save it for another time. I have made it my challenge (among everything else I have to do for this month) and I think I have a fairly decent start. The Lemoyne star i the only one I have put together and the double nine patch has been a bugger! But I recut the dbl nine patch and cut the Ohio star out tonight with the intention of putting at least one together before work tomorrow.
What are your challenges for this month and how close are you to getting towards your goal?

cherylynne 08-07-2011 09:14 PM

I want to finish several UFOs that are done except for the borders. Of course they will need to be quilted, but I can use a long arm. Going to try to start some Christmas projects and work on using some of my stash.

Jim's Gem 08-07-2011 09:16 PM

I am putting together a lap size quilt to be raffled off for our Church's Relay for Life Team. I need it done by Sept 1, the relay is in October. I am also making a lap size quilt to be donated for silent auction to raise money for Heart of Hope, a camp in Romania that many people in our church help support and have been working at (including DH and 2 DD's and SIL)
I have a "Half Square Triangle" swap I did with my quilting friends at church. I don't have to have it finished by the end of the month, but I will try. I also whipped up another lap size quilt that I will try and sandwich and maybe even get quilted.

connie_1936 08-07-2011 09:34 PM

to finish the vortex i started a couple of weeks ago

Becky Crafts 08-07-2011 11:20 PM

I'm trying to finish an owl panel wall-hanging for my MIL. If I get it done quickly enough, I can make the Halloween wallhanging from the shop hop for us! Then mid October I have to concentrate on Christmas gifts.

MelodyWB 08-07-2011 11:25 PM

My big challenge was a large Bargello..that was very detailed..put last rows on today and it's ready for borders and quilting..very proud of myself !!

Hen3rietta 08-08-2011 03:31 AM

Hmmm...There is so much to choose from. I have tons of UFO's to finish, but I think I'd like to finally put pencil to paper and actually design the 12 days holiday quilt I have in my head. I'd also like to finish designing the semi embroidered blocks for my son's Boy Scout quilt and get that one finished. Both of those projects require me to have lots of hours at the machine to test out options.

whinnytoo 08-08-2011 03:39 AM

Lots of UFO's but priority is Eureka, Double Wedding Ring and Amazon Star

JulieR 08-08-2011 03:59 AM

My first priority is to finish a quilt for my neice who is going off to college in a couple of weeks (*sniff*). Blocks are done, but a few need "adjusted" before I can assemble the top.

Second, I want to finish piecing the DWR I've been working on for my sister. It will be a Christmas gift but there are a LOT of those left to go so I need to get cracking!

Past that, I want to have the rest of my Christmas projects lined up and ready to go so I'm not scrambling to do that later.

Happy August! :)

CircleSquare 08-08-2011 04:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Right now I'm working on a Christmas bed quilt - first Christmas bed quilt I've ever done - and it will be for me. It's about half done, I'd say. Been working on sashing and corner stones. Then have to decide on a border treatment. Here it is before the sashing.