Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Guild Newsletters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-guild-newsletters-t185298.html)

jaciqltznok 04-07-2012 05:38 PM

K.I.S.S. always works best...keep it simple sweetie!
with postage what it is these days, the less the more! If your guild does a website or blog, then put more info there..but keep the mailing to a minimum!

jaciqltznok 04-07-2012 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie (Post 5124554)
I just finished our guild newsletter today. Go ahead and take a look. http://dufferinpiecemakers.org/
Newsletters can be very time consuming but I really enjoy putting ours together.

could not bring up anything with the newsletter link!

Shelbie 04-07-2012 06:05 PM

If the link won't work for you, just google Dufferin Piecemakers and you'll find it. The link I gave does work but maybe not for you. Sorry.

jaciqltznok 04-07-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie (Post 5124655)
If the link won't work for you, just google Dufferin Piecemakers and you'll find it. The link I gave does work but maybe not for you. Sorry.

oh, I got to the website, just the link to go the newsletter does not work. A blank page is all I get. The rest of the site looks great, but the Program page needs updated! Hard to believe it is already April 2012! Yep 1/3 of the year GONE already!

Digitabulist 04-08-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5123054)
You might want to surf around ... I've found a lot of Guild Newsletters are posted on their site.
Some I've been impressed ... some I went *gasp* and said, why bother?

Thank you for this suggestion! Why didn't I think of that :-)

Digitabulist 04-08-2012 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5123144)
It might be an idea to survey your membership ... and get a better handle of what their likes/dislikes/suggestions are!

If I hadn't already witnessed the problem they had when the current editor wanted to give a title to the newsletter, I would canvass the members. However, half the membership wasn't interested and the other half couldn't agree on anything, so it was dropped. I hesitate to open that can of worms again :-)

Just Me... 04-08-2012 04:07 AM

A Calendar section for upcoming events and reminders, A tip of the month section, A Birthday Section, Spotlight on Jane Quilter (each newsletter have a little 'interview' with different members telling how they got started, their preferred techniques, etc.)....and the usual news...I LOVE doing newsletters!

Spice 04-08-2012 04:40 AM

Information about guild activities. Give other board members a date each month to have information to you that needs to be included. If not there on time, not included. If you set the ground rules from the start much less hassle. Ours has mostly information for activities of guild. Information on speakers and workshops coming up. Sometimes includes information submitted by members pertaining to quilting products such as sprays, mat, batting. Anything to educate our members. Our main goal is to teach and share quilting with others.

Digitabulist 04-08-2012 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat (Post 5123978)
My guild has a website where our newsletters are posted. It has lots of different information and is available to everyone. This way only a few hard [paper] copies of the newsletter are mailed out. The website had been relatively easy to maintain too.

www.paga.net

Though if you do a website remember to renew it as needed. We didn't and had to change out website.

ali

We do have a web site that someone else maintains. We have been talking about putting the newsletter on line to save money, but the "more experienced" quilters are not so computer savvy and are resisting. We may try loading it to the web site and mailing to those that don't have access...it's a board decision at this point. It if were me, it would be on the site.

Digitabulist 04-08-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Just Me... (Post 5125184)
A Calendar section for upcoming events and reminders, A tip of the month section, A Birthday Section, Spotlight on Jane Quilter (each newsletter have a little 'interview' with different members telling how they got started, their preferred techniques, etc.)....and the usual news...I LOVE doing newsletters!

Good suggestions for me....Thank you!