Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt/ing books question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-ing-books-question-t207150.html)

HouseDragon 11-28-2012 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 5685699)
I also have mine by technique, and have a special shelf for books with patterns that I really ,really, want to make.

Great minds think alike! I do the same thing. :)

I also put post-it-flags on very special patterns I want to make in magazines and store them in a separate magazine holder from the rest. Meanwhile I'm also trying to go back through the scads of magazines I've collected that do not have anything I'm interested in making and will pass them on to a quilting friend.

Unfortunately that project is probably going to take years as it's waaaay down on the "To Do List".
:o

Jackie Spencer 11-28-2012 03:12 PM

I won't go into how my collection is organized. If I came across shelves and shelves of quilting books; I would first look at the ones that are about something I want to learn, or that are about something Im really interested in and want to expand on.

ube quilting 11-28-2012 03:18 PM

My shelves are grouped by technique. Traditional, baby, PPing, contemporary, educational., etc.

I like to pick up Q books at yard sales and 2nd hand shops. I once found one with many notations in it about the quilts made from the patterns and it is my favioite book just because of this passing on of information. So I now also love to write in my quilting books, listing what patterns, dates and info on instructions or how I changed it up a bit. In my way, I leave my little impression for the future.
peace

MadQuilter 11-28-2012 03:32 PM

I have mine sorted by technique.

momto5 11-28-2012 05:05 PM

Mine are filed by the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) method right now. When I have time, I will probably arrange by subject...HAH!

gramajo 11-28-2012 05:24 PM

Mine are arranged by technique, type of quilt (baby, log cabin, scrappy, etc. I also have several 3 ring binders of hints, patterns, etc. that I've downloaded and they are generally arranged the same way.

Greenheron 11-28-2012 05:32 PM

Mine are arranged by how high the towers will go before the avalanche. Usually in four categories: 1. before rotary cutting, 2. after rotary cutting, 3. hand & old time machine quilting, 4. quilting techniques from "Continuous Curve Quilting" to the present.

Dolphyngyrl 11-28-2012 07:45 PM

I have mine by technique PP, applique, art, traditional, baby, FMQ, etc.....

Jan in VA 11-28-2012 08:16 PM

Technique, definitely!

Jan in VA

AliKat 11-28-2012 08:23 PM

To arrange them by technique.

To preview and then scan what I want I just plain 'ol do it one book/magazine at a time. I prefer to scan and save what I want to keep so I will have less paper clutter. Then i can recycle a complete book/magazine.

ali