Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilt for kids question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-kids-question-t63173.html)

Jim's Gem 09-05-2010 08:57 AM

I have always gotten an e-mail that they had received my quilt!

SherriB 09-05-2010 09:47 AM

I got an e-mail from them 4 days after I sent mine back thanking me for my generosity. I would suggest you e-mail them and inquire. Another lady on here had that problem and she found out hers was unnacceptable due to the thread she used.
What do they do with the quilt that they decide are "unnacceptable"? I would hate to think that someone's hard work and labor of love would be thrown away. :cry: Do the give them to another charity that isn't so strict on construction?

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-05-2010 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB

I got an e-mail from them 4 days after I sent mine back thanking me for my generosity. I would suggest you e-mail them and inquire. Another lady on here had that problem and she found out hers was unnacceptable due to the thread she used.
What do they do with the quilt that they decide are "unnacceptable"? I would hate to think that someone's hard work and labor of love would be thrown away. :cry: Do the give them to another charity that isn't so strict on construction?

I would hope so, does any one know??

grann of 6 09-05-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl

Originally Posted by SherriB

I would hope so, does any one know??

I don't know what they do with the "rejects". It isn't so much that they are strict, if you read their website, it is because of the child's sensitive skin and the fact that monofilament thread melts in the laundry. If you have never had chemo you don't know how sensitive the skin is. They are just looking out for the welfare and health of the children. Check out the website if you never have. Just google quilts for kids.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-05-2010 10:24 AM

Have been there in the process of finishing up 2 for them and have no problem following the requests, and totally understand the need for care with certin requirements.
I doubt few are rejected, but do the others go to local or regional PD's or Fire depts, for comfort in tough situations??

jackkip 09-05-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by jackkip
Just wondering for everyone that has done quilts for this group, do you ever received confirmation that your quilt was recieved? I sent off for the kit, made it and returned it in less than 2 weeks time. Never heard a thing from them. No email, nothing. Is this usually how it works? Or should I be worried that my quilt never made it? It has been at least 6 weeks. To be honest I forgot about it until I saw a posting on here.

Well, unless they are against 100% cotton. I tried to read the directions very closely. I will email them to make sure it was acceptable. Maybe there was something I missed.

:-)

grann of 6 09-05-2010 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Just wondering for everyone that has done quilts for this group, do you ever received confirmation that your quilt was recieved? I sent off for the kit, made it and returned it in less than 2 weeks time. Never heard a thing from them. No email, nothing. Is this usually how it works? Or should I be worried that my quilt never made it? It has been at least 6 weeks. To be honest I forgot about it until I saw a posting on here.

Well, unless they are against 100% cotton. I tried to read the directions very closely. I will email them to make sure it was acceptable. Maybe there was something I missed.

:-)

I was very paranoid when making my first one, that I followed all their rules and used the right thread. I would think they just overlooked notifying you. When my life settles down a little I plan to make more; just cut out 3 while waiting for my laundry to finish. Figure I can sew them up pretty fast since they will be already to go.

erstan947 09-05-2010 11:49 AM

I've mailed about 8 and have never had a confirmation but I never included my e-mail address in the mailing.

magnolia 09-05-2010 12:10 PM

I sent one in in January and never heard anything from them. I'm assuming they got it. But, it would have been nice to hear. Of course, I never e-mailed them to find out, next time I will.

grann of 6 09-05-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I've mailed about 8 and have never had a confirmation but I never included my e-mail address in the mailing.

I didn't insure mine or anything so I think it is very important to hear from them that they got the package; just my feeling. I would make sure they had my e-mail address. And if I didn't hear within a week or 10 days I would contact them.