Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Kits (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-kits-t292187.html)

joe'smom 10-27-2017 08:23 AM

For number and variety I don't think you can beat Hancock's of Paducah and Keepsake Quilting. I wish they'd offer a 'pattern only' option for every kit. While I can't often afford to buy a kit, I can usually afford a pattern!

tscweaves 10-27-2017 10:40 AM

I bought my first kit from Craftsy, it was with Boundless batik fabrics and I was very happy with it. I have bought a number of Boundless precuts, I just like that line of fabrics. They have another fabric line that I received a free charm pack of, Lily and Loom and I do not care for that fabric as much as Boundless. I am a new quilter, so take this all with a grain of salt:-)

meyert 10-27-2017 01:22 PM

thank you all so much for your responses! I will check them out

Claire123 10-27-2017 07:46 PM

My favorite part of quilting, other than having a finished project, is picking out the fabrics. I like putting fabrics together, including my favorite fabrics and knowing my quilt isn't like anyone else's. So, I don't use kits.

Maureen NJ 10-27-2017 08:16 PM

I only buy Craftsy kits. I like their large clear pictures with many views and they are true to color.

junegerbracht 10-28-2017 03:26 AM

I have bought a number of new kits on eBay - name brands. As someone else has said sometimes it’s the fabric in the kit that is a real bargain - I don’t necessarily want the pattern but the fabric in the kit.

Chasezzz 10-28-2017 03:56 AM

I am with those who buy from Craftsy. I purchased a kit over after Christmas last year on one of their deep discount sales because on a fabric buy alone it was worth the price (by recollection 20 some yards including with pattern for $99). I loved the kit, though, and made a stunning king sized pp quilt for our bed. Because I cut carefully I had enough fabric left over to make two additional lap quilts. So it was a really good deal!

Battle Axe 10-28-2017 04:07 AM

I bought a kit from Craft Town, a not too far away LQS. I was worried that I would goof and need more fabric, so I bought the "insurance" fabric package and then since I really like the colors, I bought the half yard bundle. Wow do I still have a lot left!! I'm on my 3rd queen size quilt and have a large tub left still. It was a BOM (block of the month). I was not a skilled enough quilter to do it, so I put it away and about 3 years later, after taking lessons, I got it out and finished it. The instructions were excellent and have spoiled me.

SusieQOH 10-28-2017 05:41 AM

Wow, I just found out that Craftsy deleted my review of the kit with lost fabrics. It wasn't mean at all, just factual.

dms 10-28-2017 06:03 AM

I love kits, as I think they're cheaper than buying all the fabric separately. However, do measure everything before you start cutting as I was shorted 2 fabrics in a kit and I had to buy fabric because there wasn't enough.