Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt label help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-label-help-t187556.html)

nhweaver 04-29-2012 05:28 AM

Quilt label help

I am going to have a quilt label made for my grand daughter's graduation quilt, but am stumpped for what it should say. All suggestions will be appreciated. She is graduating from a home school co-op - her diploma has her family name as the school, so the school information will not be necessary. Also, what is a "normal size" for the label, and if you have used a vendor to create your label, which one would you recommend? I am unsure about this. I was going to do my own label, but haven't been able to "learn" embroidery. All information will be helpful. Thank you!!

gollytwo 04-29-2012 05:52 AM

I've ordered labels from Dawn on this Board. She does an excellent job and her prices are reasonable.
PM me if you want her info.

romanojg 04-29-2012 08:46 AM

emblibrary.com have alot of designs if you have a embroidery machine. You could put that you made the quilt for her graduation; the date, if is quilted by someone else that is normally included. Some people put how long it took to complete the quilt and some even put the laundry instructions on it. It really depends but the important thing is I think, name of person making quilt, for who it is made, reason why (if for special occasion) and the date. You could also use your own label but use a permanent pen to put the info on it.

auntpiggylpn 04-29-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo (Post 5179378)
I've ordered labels from Dawn on this Board. She does an excellent job and her prices are reasonable.
PM me if you want her info.

I use Dawn also. She is known as Sewnsewer2 here on the board. She is fantastic and I have never been disappointed!

TerryQuilter 04-29-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5179930)
I use Dawn also. She is known as Sewnsewer2 here on the board. She is fantastic and I have never been disappointed!

Ditto.....

sylviak 04-29-2012 09:36 AM

In the past, I have used one of the photo fabric sheets with the backing that you peel off and printed my own labels with my inkjet printer. You can get the photo paper at JoAnns and I think they have a 3 or 5 sheet pack fairly reasonably priced. I just got an embroidery machine, so I think I'm going to try that this year. Just use a size that looks good to you and is big enough to include what you want to include. There's no "normal". I've seen very small and ones that were the size of a 8" to 1'" block. Were you going to put it on the front or back?

dunster 04-29-2012 10:35 AM

If you have EQ you can create a label from it, and print it on fabric. I use the Printed Treasures fabric sheets. I frame the label in EQ with blocks that look like the quilt on the front and often put a photo of the recipient on the label. You can make any size you want.

nhweaver 04-30-2012 04:30 AM

I will have to try EQ for labels, I have June Taylor Fabric Sheets for the Ink Jet Printers - never used them as I was wondering does the ink launder well?

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5180126)
If you have EQ you can create a label from it, and print it on fabric. I use the Printed Treasures fabric sheets. I frame the label in EQ with blocks that look like the quilt on the front and often put a photo of the recipient on the label. You can make any size you want.