Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Magazine for Christmas??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-magazine-christmas-t237097.html)

ManiacQuilter2 12-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quilt Magazine for Christmas???

OK, I am NOT the easiest person to buy a Christmas present for. My best friend who is a member of this board asked me what quilt magazine I would want as a Christmas present. I am not sure what to tell her. I am one of those people buying the magazine patterns on eBay. I don't get out much so I don't see what currently is in the quilting magazines. I am disable and I do a lot of charity quilts so I prefer simple patterns. I just finished a Warm Wishes top. Currently working on a Red, Black & White Square in a Square. My favorite pattern is BQ2 because of using 8.5" squares. I have learned over the years that bigger = faster !! I have bought some older issues of Easy Quilts by F&P. Can anybody give me any suggestions??? THANKS Happy Holidays !!

ragquilter 12-20-2013 01:17 PM

I am going to subscribe to Quilt It Today after the first of the year. Someone on the board posted about it a few days ago. I went to their website and I really like the looks of it. I tried to find it locally but the newest issue must be sold out. The years subscription is only $12.00 and it is $3.99 an issue in stores.

huntannette 12-20-2013 01:26 PM

My favorite is quilty by Fon`s & Porter....thy have easy yet interesting patterns

KLO 12-20-2013 01:55 PM

I like Quiltmaker and Better Homes & Garden's American Patchwork and Quilting. Those are my favorites for patterns. It's nice that your friend wants to do this for you.

Raggiemom 12-20-2013 02:40 PM

How about Quick Quilts? That usually has fairly simple patterns.

GrannieAnnie 12-20-2013 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6466130)
OK, I am NOT the easiest person to buy a Christmas present for. My best friend who is a member of this board asked me what quilt magazine I would want as a Christmas present. I am not sure what to tell her. I am one of those people buying the magazine patterns on eBay. I don't get out much so I don't see what currently is in the quilting magazines. I am disable and I do a lot of charity quilts so I prefer simple patterns. I just finished a Warm Wishes top. Currently working on a Red, Black & White Square in a Square. My favorite pattern is BQ2 because of using 8.5" squares. I have learned over the years that bigger = faster !! I have bought some older issues of Easy Quilts by F&P. Can anybody give me any suggestions??? THANKS Happy Holidays !!

Remember you do not need to make any design out of the magazine. Ask for one that is just to read--------------there are some that have lots of stories about designs I'd ask for that.

ILoveToQuilt 12-20-2013 06:14 PM

My favorite magazine is "Quilters Newsletter Magazine". Have subscribed since the early 1990's.

Anita

patsynel 12-20-2013 08:28 PM

Quick Quilts by McCalls is my favorite.

GrannieAnnie 12-20-2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 6466560)
My favorite magazine is "Quilters Newsletter Magazine". Have subscribed since the early 1990's.

Anita

Doesn't this magazine have a lot of quilts, plus several informative articles each month?

ashlett 12-21-2013 04:20 AM

My husband always gives me a years subscription every Christmas to Quilters Newsletter and Fons and Porter Love of Quilting. Both brilliant.