Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Pattern Help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-pattern-help-t317363.html)

bnleon 01-19-2022 09:11 AM

Quilt Pattern Help

1 Attachment(s)
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase this quilt pattern. Any help will be gladly appreciate. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Iceblossom 01-19-2022 09:32 AM

I'll keep looking for a different/modern name but it seems to me to be a color value + slight variation on Farmer's Daughter. It is amazing the different looks you can get by color selection, from a very 3 dimensional to flat. The main variation is that the 9-patch center has rectangular instead of square bars, making the outer squares twice as large as the center, and that they have a dark center instead of light.

SusieQOH 01-19-2022 09:50 AM

It looks like a Bear's Paw variation to me but I've never seen it before.

farmquilter 01-19-2022 10:21 AM

It looks like an easy pattern to draft yourself. Just find the size you want the block to be and start drawing. If you can find a block that is similar start with that and finish it to be like the photo.

sewbizgirl 01-19-2022 11:06 AM

You can get there with this pattern for a Sister's Choice Variation. Just make the quarter square block (the orange part) solid rather than 4 triangles. Then set up your colors the way you want.
https://www.patchworksquare.com/inde...=55&mode=quilt

The small square between the blocks is done by a sashing with colored cornerstones between the blocks.

QuiltE 01-19-2022 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by farmquilter (Post 8532223)
It looks like an easy pattern to draft yourself. Just find the size you want the block to be and start drawing..........

Exactly what I was thinking, FarmQuilter!

BNLeon ... Easy enough to create, by sitting down with some graph paper, and your favourite cuppa! You could make the blocks whatever size you want, and according to whatever sizes of piece you like to work with. There's a nice fresh look to this quilt, and would make for a lovely finish!

In agreement, with IceBlossom,
take note that the centre cross of blocks are rectangular pieces.
(Contrary to SewBizGirl's Sister's Choice variation,
as it does not keep those rectangles in mind.)

Barb in Louisiana 01-19-2022 11:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't know the pattern or the name of the block. What I do know is that it is a 9 patch block with a center strip that finishes at 1 inch and the other parts of the block and the sashing is 2 inches finished. The beigy cornerstones are a 2 inch finished square. If you want to make a larger size block, you can do it by doubling the size of the 9 inch finished block to upsize to 18 inches finished. That will make the sashing 4 inches finished.

I apologize for the wavy drawings of the lines in the block. I am terrible on a laptop and even though I can draw the block in EQ, I thought you would get more out of it if you could see it in the quilt. And then I thought....perhaps seeing the block from EQ and rotary cutting instructions might help you. Or have I confused you completely??? It was so easy to confuse me when I first started trying to sew blocks.

Edited to Add: The block itself will finish at 9 inches. This is without the 2 inch sashing that goes between each block in the quilt.

Quilting Chris 01-19-2022 04:11 PM

I think the proportions within the block look more like the picture if you make a 7" block with 1.5"x1.5" squares and 1.5"x1 " rectanbles. Or a 14" block with 3x3 squares and 3x2 rectangles.

bnleon 01-19-2022 04:46 PM

Barb from Louisana , Thank you very much for the pdf., it really puts it into perspective for me. I am an intermediate quilter and always have a pattern to follow but I really liked this quilt so I decided to ask for help. Once again I really appreciate what you did.

Thank you everyone for your help this group is amazing.