Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt patterns for large scale prints (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-patterns-large-scale-prints-t75876.html)

jitkaau 11-13-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
What is your favorite pattern to use with large scale prints...those fabrics that are just too pretty to cut into?

Thanks in advance!

"The Quilter" magazine often has some designs suitable for large prints. There was one publication that was dedicated to large prints. One of the patterns had large squares of the focus fabric surrounded by alternating smaller squares of the focus fabric plus the sashing fabric, and then separated with just the sashing fabric. It looks stunning - and will be one of the ones I will start in the new year

patimint 11-13-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
this is my favorite pattern for big prints..

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...h-light_1.html

I love this quilt, I went to site and downloaded it. One of my dgd wants a black/white and yellow quilt. Perfect.

marcias 11-13-2010 07:20 PM

Irish Rose, could not find the floral rails pattern on Benartex site. Help. It sounds neat. Up til now, I would have said the one I like for not cutting up beautiful fabric was snowball blocks alternating with 9 patches

irishrose 11-13-2010 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by marcias
Irish Rose, could not find the floral rails pattern on Benartex site. Help. It sounds neat. Up til now, I would have said the one I like for not cutting up beautiful fabric was snowball blocks alternating with 9 patches

Did you try the link on my second post (click on download). It worked for me. If it doesn't, pmail me your email address and I'll try to forward it to you. I like the pattern because the the big snowballs are alternated with smaller ones that would take a medium large print. I don't like to cut big flowers. If you aren't in a hurry, I can print a copy if my LQS is out of them and I will mail it to you snail mail. Let me know and I'll check Julie Ann's Monday so you can have a pretty copy. I don't think they are open on Sunday.

Gerbie 11-13-2010 09:41 PM

I love the site allpeoplequilt.com They have so many free patterns that you can download too.

Lilrain 11-13-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mama's place
Just noticed that I am now a "regular" here again. LOL

funny how that works, isn't it. You can be away from the computer for a few days and get "demoted" so to speak

madamekelly 11-14-2010 09:24 AM

I use Irish chain for those fabrics.

irma tapia 11-14-2010 11:46 AM

You are a sweet heart!!!!! (Address edited out by moderator, it is not a good idea to post your personal contact information on a forum where millions can view it. Please use the PM (private Message) feature)

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!

G'ma Kay 11-14-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

Originally Posted by marcias

Did you try the link on my second post (click on download). It worked for me. If it doesn't, pmail me your email address and I'll try to forward it to you. I like the pattern because the the big snowballs are alternated with smaller ones that would take a medium large print. I don't like to cut big flowers. If you aren't in a hurry, I can print a copy if my LQS is out of them and I will mail it to you snail mail. Let me know and I'll check Julie Ann's Monday so you can have a pretty copy. I don't think they are open on Sunday.

I just looked up the Benartex website and spent the last two hours admiring and saving free quilt patterns to a file. What a gold mine! Not just large prints, but also oriental, art patterns, and simple stuff for people like me who don't want to be intimidated!

pieces 11-14-2010 12:30 PM

Personally I never buy the large scale prints.
They just don't work well for quilts. After cutting the fabric up you end up with a lot of voids.