Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-patterns-t81421.html)

RST 12-09-2010 08:07 PM

I never make the same thing twice, though I will make variations on a style. So for example I've made several log cabin quilts, but each of them is very different, despite being the same basic block -- some are wonky, some are scrappy, some are traditional, some are improv.

A great part of what I like about quilting is the flexability and creativity in the moment, so I am not inclined to repeat myself ever.

RST

sewbizgirl 12-09-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I like trying new designs, but for some reason, I keep going back to the same old pattern. . . . . . is that a bad thing?? :roll:

Oh, of course it's not a bad thing if you enjoy making them. I'd love to know what your "same old pattern" is...

Cuddly Quilter 12-09-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by fivepaws
Do you tend to do the same pattern for most of your quilts or a different pattern for each?

There is not ONE quilt out of 15 that i have made that are the same pattern. I love everything to be different. I have only posted a couple of them. Go to my site and have a look. Would love to hear what you think. :-D

Cuddly Quilter 12-09-2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Char
Holice
Will you share it? :? :?

Love your actavar

catlover 12-09-2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
So many patterns, so little time. I can't see ever repeating a pattern unless it's by special request.

AMEN

Cynthia

wraez 12-09-2010 08:39 PM

I've only repeated quilt patterns for the quilts for my grands, so that they don't think the quilt that someone else received is more special than theirs.

Recently made one for my new granddaughter by marriage, to match the quilts I made for her new cousin and new big sister. The other 2 girls thought I made hers bigger! Geesh, same amount of blocks, same size. Told them maybe theirs has shrunk from laundering over the last few years.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

doowopddbop 12-09-2010 08:46 PM

I think I have quilter's ADD. I can barely get done with one quilt when another one grabs my attention!! (Saw a few on this board just TODAY that I would like to try.) I can't help it, I want to make everything - and there are still tons of methods and patterns out there I want to try. Each January I make a list of what I'd like to do during the year (Drunkard's path, a Mariner's Compass and New York Beauty, to name a few) but by February, the entire list has changed! I haven't quite decided what my thing is yet, so I'll just have to keep trying new things!

Jim 12-09-2010 08:47 PM

I rarely make the same pattern always a variation of a pattern or one that I love which is the "Trip Around the World". I always have a list of what I want to do next...I asked Santa for the Twister Templates so I am sure I will be making several of those next year. Problem is I have far more patterns I want to make than I have time to make them. And I always see another pattern that makes it to my list which makes the list go longer before I can shorten it by completing another. My "want to make list" has grown enornmously since I've joined this group.

mem123 12-09-2010 09:18 PM

I like to try different patterns. So far, no repeats.

Lucy90 12-09-2010 09:29 PM

I usually try something new. I haven't made a quilt twice yet, but there are a couple I will do some day. Love new patterns and challenges of some. There are just so many patterns I can't do any twice or three times.