Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Police (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-police-t69818.html)

dglvr 10-12-2010 05:02 PM

Well said. I try not to police myself to much but always find myself doing it. :thumbup:

Dingle 10-12-2010 06:11 PM

Just me and my Hubby at home. He never says anything negative about anything I do. As far as myself, I try and do the best I can and leave it at that. :lol:

RkayD 10-12-2010 06:48 PM

I lost the quilt police years ago...although I AM my own worst critic at times if the mistake is big enough. I remind myself only to learn from it. When I first started quilting I tried to do it "by the book". I could never get it "just right" and I almost quit. I can NOT imagine my life without quilting and sewing. Better done and Loved than Perfect. How many of your quilts are going to be loved? Or Judged?? Asking myself that keeps me going.

cathyvv 10-12-2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by pab58

Originally Posted by mom-6
If it's made with love, what else matters?

Love this!! :wink: It will be my new mantra! 8-)

BTW: My ex-husband was my quilt police!! :evil: He never said anything good, or nice, or encouraging about ANY of my projects! :thumbdown: My soon-to-be DH is absolutely wonderful about telling me what he likes about my quilts. He absolutely LOVES a log cabin quilt I made for him for his B-day two years ago. :D If I ask him for advice, he will give it, but has never said anything mean or hurtful about any of my projects. He will give constructive criticism but always with love. :thumbup:

Sometimes you have to experience the pain of a bad relationship to appreciate a good one! I've been there, done that. My Beloved and I have been together for over 30 years.
He makes my heart sing!

I wish you and your future husband as much love and joy as my husband and I have had for so many years.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 10-12-2010 08:34 PM

Share most with one sister, and sometimes will hear a suggestion, but nothing too critical, Brother in law likes all, have been assured by other family members any would work fine for them. QP Not allowed in the sewing room, but sometimes need a boost in the correct direction.
"Quilting is like a Journey down a road not taken, some potholes, some smooth, and you never know whats around the next corner, many seasons to be enjoyed"

Fancy Nancy 10-12-2010 09:01 PM

most of my quilts are gifts to friends that can't even sew a button on a shirt so they think my quilts are perfect - gotta love those non-sewers!

SuziC 10-13-2010 02:20 AM

I guess it takes a while to realize You are your own quilt police. I "fired" myself and now just call it "creative designing" LOL

SueDor 10-13-2010 03:53 AM

I am my own quilt police, but I try not to let things bother me.If it is noticeable I rip it out, if I am the only one who knows something wrong I don't let it bother me.

ckcowl 10-13-2010 04:04 AM

not anymore...now a have a hubby who takes the job seriously.

newquilter2009 10-13-2010 08:06 AM

The quilt police are just a myth....lol.... I don't need them anyway. I am perfectly capable of criticizing my own work. :mrgreen: