Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Pounce (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-pounce-t37729.html)

knlsmith 02-23-2010 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
i've bought some but haven't used it yet. i bought the chalk that washes out. not irons off.
i've read some quilters spray with hairspray to keep the chalk in place till the quilt is done and can be soaked in the washing machine.

Ok, with the washable chalk, can you still iron it and not have it stain?

kkbrand 02-23-2010 12:38 PM

Yes I did almost cry, I told my husband I was going to throw the quilt away if I did not get it out, but good old spray and wash and a scrub brush and it came out.

Have you ever heard of Quilt Marking Spray? I wonder if anyone has used it. It's called Marking Magic and can be purchased at Quilting Creations International

Oklahoma Suzie 02-23-2010 02:41 PM

I have never used the pounce, I use pencils

justwannaquilt 02-23-2010 02:53 PM

I just use the cheap purple on one end blue on the other end marker from walmart. I had one on the table after marking a quilt the other day and one of the kids ran off with it thinking it was a marker. I haven't went and got another one so I can't tell you the brand but I can say that I have ever only used it on white fabric and it never left anything behind.

One end just goes away with air, and the other end goes away with a spray of water. Neither can be ironed over though. At least the package says not to, I think once I accidently got close to the blue ink with the iron and it still came out but I don't think I would be doing it on purpose.

Jim's Gem 02-23-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I have the pounce and I'm not fond of it. It is messy (maybe it's just me) and as I'm working most of the design fluffs off.

So far I feel the same way.
I can't see the markings very well.
I even have the stuff that is not supposed to come off until you iron it.

lhavelka 02-23-2010 04:48 PM

So you use the markers, I understand that, but do you use plastic stencils? I have see paper stencils but that wouldnt work. Please I would like some help on this.

miz mary 02-23-2010 04:56 PM

I have the pounce ....SO dusty and messy !!! I like the dsappearing blue pens !!

QuiltMania 02-23-2010 05:20 PM

Have the pounce. Used it a couple times. Hate the darn thing! Messy, doesn't make crisp lines. I'll be throwing it away.

mcdaniel023 02-23-2010 05:38 PM

I feel better now. I bought the pounce. I tried it once. It was messy and didn't work worth a darn.

Janis 02-23-2010 08:21 PM

I bought a pounce, and HATE it, and don't use it. I have the purple disapearing and the blue washout pens, cheap ones from Walmart and have used them a lot, and no problems. They are what I use most. I also have the little plastic chalk markers (Fons & Porter?) that have a roller tip that I've used on darker fabrics that the blue and purple won't show up on. I also have a spray that sprays white stuff that I use with plastic templates, and it washes off with a wet washcloth. I think I got it at either Walmart or a quilt shop.