Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt-Pro Systems- triangle magic..Opinions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-pro-systems-triangle-magic-opinions-t183539.html)

QuiltingCrazie 03-20-2012 11:27 PM

Quilt-Pro Systems- triangle magic..Opinions?

Ok so for $20, the cost of how many thangles I need I can buy this software. Is it worth it? I followed the tour and it looks easy and they have different sizes and it all prints on your printer. So any downfalls??? Interested in hearing if anyone owns it and if it's junk or awesome! TIA
I really need to make a decision this week i have a quilt to get done with lots of Half squares (700).

virtualbernie 03-20-2012 11:57 PM

I have it and love love love it! I've had absolutely no problems with it. Just click the size and amount of blocks needed and print! I like it because it's always on my computer. I bought Triangulations also but you have to use it from the CD and wouldn't you know it, I've lost the CD.

QuiltingCrazie 03-21-2012 12:10 AM

Thanks!! That's all I needed to hear!

catmcclure 03-21-2012 05:14 AM

If you're going to print out a lot, the program itself isn't the money pit - it's the printer cartridge and paper. If your cartridges are expensive and don't print a LOT of pages, then the Thangles are sometimes cheaper than printing your own.

jcrow 03-21-2012 06:57 AM

Okay, I just checked it out. I think it sounds like a great idea! I just might buy it. I can use all the help available when it comes to triangles!!

romanojg 03-21-2012 07:14 AM

I have both copies of Trianglations software; the second one does the 1/8 measurements and so much more. Bottom line; yes, so worth it. I go to the Dollar Store and get the kids drawing paper and cut it down to size and use it to print them out on. You save so much money, it has the all of the info on finished sizes and unfinished sizes. It is so easy and saves so much time especially if you have lots of them to do. You don't have to worry about the store having the correct size of paper in that you want either.

romanojg 03-21-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie (Post 5078009)
I have it and love love love it! I've had absolutely no problems with it. Just click the size and amount of blocks needed and print! I like it because it's always on my computer. I bought Triangulations also but you have to use it from the CD and wouldn't you know it, I've lost the CD.

You know, you could have just copied the CD to the computer. I have both CD's and love, love them.

Candace 03-21-2012 08:04 AM

Triangulations is the best.

knlsmith 03-21-2012 08:08 AM

Great information. Thanks!

Geri B 03-23-2012 05:59 AM

I just went to the website and was really tempted to "purchase"......has anyone done the download purchase? or did the hard copy/cd purchase. I sometimes worry about just purchasing a download only>>>>>seems sort of like buying air...........