Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Sew Clever II software issue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-sew-clever-ii-software-issue-t272040.html)

Barbio 11-08-2015 11:01 PM

Quilt Sew Clever II software issue

Hi Everyone

I'm at my wits end. I have purchased a Husqvarna Viking 3000 with the software Quilt Sew Clever II. I'll be going along nicely, I'll do several nestings on one project and the screen will gray out on me to where I will have to shut everything down and start over. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just keeps graying out when I go to create my quilting area. If I shut machine down and leave it be for a couple of hours, then come back to work on it everything is fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have already had this software replaced by the dealer with the same issue She has been very supportive in support of issues.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Barbi

PaperPrincess 11-09-2015 04:59 AM

Hi and welcome to the board. I am wondering if it really is the software or if there is something wrong with the computer on the machine. There is a yahoo group that is dedicated to Quilt Sew Clever. You may want to check there.

ManiacQuilter2 11-09-2015 05:38 AM

A Southern California welcome to this board. If you bought this machine new, I would call the dealer that sold you the machine. My computerized Bernina 1530 went in for servicing and I panic when I turned it on. Come to find out, it was in service mode. I would take it in for an "exam" to see what the problem is.

GEMRM 11-09-2015 04:42 PM

Good to hear your dealer is standing behind you. I ended up reporting a dealer to the company head office and being reassigned to another one due to their refusal to help me with a new machine.
Back on track - if I am remembering correctly, this software is made by a company called Quilt E Z - they have a presence on this board, but I'm not sure how active they are. They can be contacted directly via their website. Have a look at the website and see if their products look familiar - they change the name but the screens etc look similar for different manufacturers. I have the Pfaff version called Quilt Artist II.

Barbio 11-09-2015 08:48 PM

Quilt Sew Clever

Good evening....My dealer has come to my home several times. And we have replaced the software once and the machine twice....first time it as delivered damage, and recently a sensor went out. The dealer replaced the machine again which was last week. I'm going to do a test on this issue....by resetting my time for the project....when the gray screen shows up after running for a while, I shut it down and leave it alone for awhile. When I come bk to it and turn it on, it runs like a champ.....Once I do this, I'll report this issue to my dealer .....again, she has been very supportive.

Barbi

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7370865)
A Southern California welcome to this board. If you bought this machine new, I would call the dealer that sold you the machine. My computerized Bernina 1530 went in for servicing and I panic when I turned it on. Come to find out, it was in service mode. I would take it in for an "exam" to see what the problem is.

Barbio 11-09-2015 08:50 PM

Quilt Sew Clever issue

Good evening....thank you for responding. I will go to their website and see if there is anything there.

Barbi

GEMRM 11-10-2015 04:40 PM

When the "bad" dealer was at my house, trouble shooting, and on the phone with "tech support" they couldn't fix my problems, and after 60 minutes they had no answer for me. - I contacted Quilt E Z and within 5 minutes on the phone, their technical support person diagnosed the problem and arranged for the required part to be shipped - no problems since then with the software/machine, but major problems with the dealer, who shall remain nameless.... per the requirements of the board.