Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shop in LA or Phoenix? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shop-la-phoenix-t251450.html)

Leslie333 08-06-2014 09:59 PM

Quilt shop in LA or Phoenix?

I'm doing some traveling in the Western US with the family. Hubby and DS have plans to go to the Petersen Auto Museum in LA tomorrow. Are there any good quilt shops within a few miles, or between there and Hermosa Beach where we are staying? If so I may do that instead while they look at cars. Also, we'll be driving to Phoenix in a couple days. Any shops there that I should try to see? I may be able to squeeze in time for one. We're staying on the South. Western side of Phoenix if that helps.

AliKat 08-06-2014 10:21 PM

If you only have time for one quilt shop in Phoenix, make it 35th Avenue Sew & Vac store. It is to the west of I-17 on Northern Avenue at 35th Avenue. It is on the western end of the shopping area at the NW corner of that intersection. It is the largest fabric store in the state and it is devoted to the quilting arts and more. The also have a website you can visit that has a printable coupon.

Be aware that Phoenix has many quilt stores, over 15!, and each is unique. Just that the 35th Ave shop is the largest.

ManiacQuilter2 08-08-2014 08:03 AM

I use to live over that way a long time ago but don't know any shops in that area. Best one in So Ca is M&L Fabrics and that is over in Orange County near Knott's

This store use to be in Phoenix but she moved, I have seen the lovely fabrics in her shop on the FabricShop hop.

Arizona Quilts, LLC
12301 W. Bell Road, Suite A109
Surprise, AZ 85378
623-566-8878

lastwood 08-08-2014 07:24 PM

I vote for M&L in the LA area and I was really impressed with Quiltz in Phoenix when I was there a few years back, it was a huge shop. Quiltz, 3851 E. Thunderbird Road, B107, Phoenix,

jhoward 08-10-2014 07:40 AM

Three Dudes
5053 E. Elliot Rd
Phoenix

Personalized attention. Help yourself to coffee, tea and/or cookies while shopping. : )

Leslie333 08-12-2014 01:12 PM

I didn't get time to hit a shop in either LA or Phoenix. :( We just ran out of time and showing our son around was the priority since he is headed to college in a week. Thanks for all the suggestions! I plan to keep a link to this thread for the next time just the hubby and I get out that way.

soccertxi 08-13-2014 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by lastwood (Post 6837490)
I was really impressed with Quiltz in Phoenix when I was there a few years back, it was a huge shop. Quiltz, 3851 E. Thunderbird Road, B107, Phoenix,

This is the right address for Quiltz, however, they moved about 2 yrs ago to this location. Its not as large as the other place, but its still my fav. Sun Valley Quilts at 98th Ave and Bell is closer to my house and is very nice. Its still on the west side but probably north from where you are. I would offer to take you on a short shop hop, but its time to deliver my youngest to college!