Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shops around DC area and Lewisberg Pa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-around-dc-area-lewisberg-pa-t126887.html)

nsumner 05-30-2011 08:00 PM

I will be in the Wash DC area later this summer, and then traveling on to Lewisberg, Pa. I will not have a car in DC. Are there any "must-see" shops that one can get to by metro from the central DC area? And any recommendations for the Lewisberg, Pa area as well?
Thanks, Nancy

SharBear 05-30-2011 08:02 PM

I was in DC recently on business and also had no car - there was NOTHING for quilt shops near metro stations!

very bummed!

Jim's Gem 05-30-2011 09:38 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

RkayD 05-30-2011 09:49 PM

There is a G Street Fabrics in Chantilly..but not sure you can get there by Metro...taxi maybe? Worth the drive. =)

Carol J. 05-31-2011 02:53 AM

There is a quilt shop in Mifflinburg PA, that is not that far from Lewisburg if you can take a small detour. I have visited it often while in central PA. And the area around Lancaster PA has some too, get yourself a book listing quilt shops and see how many you will pass by on the way to Lewisburg.

Carol J.

BMP 05-31-2011 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
There is a quilt shop in Mifflinburg PA, that is not that far from Lewisburg if you can take a small detour. I have visited it often while in central PA. And the area around Lancaster PA has some too, get yourself a book listing quilt shops and see how many you will pass by on the way to Lewisburg.

Carol J.

Can you give me more info about the shop in Miffinburg ?? Name of the shop ???

Carol J. 05-31-2011 04:05 AM

I don't remember the name of the shop but I looked on Goggle for shops in that area.
Verna's Fabrics 1430 Red Bank, Mifflinburg PA

Beckoning Cat 209 Market Lewisburg PA
on highway 45 570 523 1520

I know there are some Amish quilt shops in that area too but you have to watch for signs, they don't advertise much.

Carol J.

Zebracar 05-31-2011 04:16 AM

There are some great quilt shops around DC in the surrounding suburbs, but I can't think of any you could metro to. You would need to take a taxi from the metro to the shops. If that interests you, let me know and I'll send you some shop names and addresses.

dd 05-31-2011 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
There is a G Street Fabrics in Chantilly..but not sure you can get there by Metro...taxi maybe? Worth the drive. =)

G Street is also in Rockville, I think it's on Montrose Rd. I know the train runs close to there but I don't think it's close enough. That's not just quilting. They have everything.

eparys 05-31-2011 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD

There is no metro to Chantilly - Love the store and think it is better than the one in Rockville - but that being said - you may be able to get to the Rockville store by Metro - call them and ask. G Street Fabrics is wonderful and while I lived there was my favorite shop to go to.

There are SO many great shops in the DC Metro area - all, that I know of, would need a car.