Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Shops in the Houston area (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-houston-area-t202715.html)

Handcraftsbyjen 10-08-2012 08:10 PM

Quilt Shops in the Houston area

Can anyone recommend quilt shops to visit while I'm in the Houston area later this month? I will only have a rental car for a little over a day, but am willing to drive to as many as I can get to. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!!

sak658 10-08-2012 09:02 PM

You may want to check this out...great quality, great sales and a good variety...

www.doviequiltingandfabric.com She is located about 16 miles east of downtown Houston, Texas off I-10 east..need to check out her hours also...

Sewcrazy12 10-09-2012 06:17 AM

try "its a stitch.com" they have a lot of nice things there. I haven't been to that one yet. I will soon.

gigi712 10-09-2012 06:33 AM

It's a Stitch doesn't have fabric on bolts anymore, however, they do have already cut yardage. They're catering to the embroidery customers now. It's a shame because they were my favorite quilt shop.

Handcraftsbyjen 10-09-2012 07:56 AM

Thanks for the tips!

Ellietow 10-09-2012 10:39 AM

Quilter's Emporium - it's about 20 minutes from the George R Brown convention center - a large quilt store; a smaller one, but nice is Little Stitches Sewing Center.

delma_paulk 10-09-2012 10:57 AM

There used to be one in Old Spring, NE of Houston in the refurbished town of Old Spring.

gigi712 10-09-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by delma_paulk (Post 5573609)
There used to be one in Old Spring, NE of Houston in the refurbished town of Old Spring.

It's still there and they've added some more space. Lots of fabric, mostly Moda. It's called CRS Quilts, I think. Google to find it. It's a little ways North of Houston.

Yosamitesa 10-09-2012 12:24 PM

It's a Stitch in Humble did clear out all of their bolt fabrics, however they do still have fabric, just already precut in fat quarters, 1/2 yard, 1 yard and 2 yard lengths. Used to be one of my favorites as well, however not a big fan of the new concept.

The Quilt Room in Huffman (off of 1960) is a small shop, but has a lot of really nice fabrics. If you are looking for some of the Quilt Across Texas fabrics, they still have some in stock. The staff is REALLY friendly.

The quilt shop in Old Town Spring is called GRS Creations. They are a Moda fabric store. You want Moda, they have it!!! They also have a last call center that is open on Friday and Saturday. They have fabric starting at $1.99/yard. Ask one of the ladies that works there how to get out to the last call shop (if you are here on a Friday or Saturday) and you won't be disappointed.

Quilter's Emporium in Stafford (59S) has turned out to be one of my ALL time FAVORITES!!! They are a decent sized shop, lots of selection and if you have a little one with you, they have stuff to keep them entertained. They also have BIG comfy "waiting" chairs. My hubby fell asleep in one. :) Also, if you are making pillowcases for the pillowcase project to send in for local charities, they have the kits there FREE. Just ask and they will let you pick the one or more that you want to do.

Tea Time Quilting is down in the Historic Heights area. Shop is alright in my opinion, however if you are looking for Texas fabric, this is your store. They have a HUGE selection of Texas fabrics and space shuttle fabrics.

The Hen House in Spring is a nice shop. It is divided in half...half is for quilting the other half is yarn, yarn and more yarn. This shop has a GREAT selection of Civil War prints. The owner's husband was VERY helpful and the owner knits and crochets all different patterns.

I think that should at least give you a start. Good luck!!! If you have any questions or need addresses, etc, please PM me. :)

Handcraftsbyjen 10-09-2012 12:38 PM

Thanks everyone!