Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shops Nashville, and Restaurant suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-nashville-restaurant-suggestions-t264892.html)

Dyan 05-05-2015 05:53 PM

Quilt shops Nashville, and Restaurant suggestions

I will be driving from Toledo, Ohio to Nashville in a few weeks, Any quilt shops/fabric stores in or near Nashville. Also any restaurant suggestions that have good southern comfort foods? I will be staying about 30 miles west of Nashville, and will be there for 3-4 days. My grand daughter wants to go to the Bluebird café any feed back on this place. She only wants to go because that is where Taylor Swift was discovered?

auntnana 05-05-2015 06:46 PM

Ooooh. You have to go to the Loveless cafe! Fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, banana pudding.... Well now I'm hungry! And there are too many success stories to list from the Bluebird. That's where most of the greats cut their teeth! Artists and writers. Check their website for a schedule as it is very popular and can be standing room only. Shame I don't know any quilt shops. But then there's the Ryman!

Zinda 05-06-2015 12:34 AM

Drive to Marcy Jo's Mealhouse in Columbia. Great home cooked food and cute restaurant.

toverly 05-06-2015 04:14 AM

I'll second Loveless Cafe! Great southern food.

Retiree 05-06-2015 04:18 AM

Quilter's Attic in Goodlettsville, about 12 or so miles north of Nashville is a fun stop. They have lots of samples to view. They are closed on Mondays, I think.

ManiacQuilter2 05-06-2015 04:20 AM

Be sure to Google the area so that you can see where everything is located being able to not get lost. Have fun.

Julie R 05-06-2015 05:10 AM

There is a shop called "The Quilting Squares" in Franklin (just a little bit south of Nashville). I remember it being packed with fabric! Franklin is also a gorgeous area - lots of older homes. I think it's where Alan Jackson lives :)

cjsews 05-06-2015 06:26 AM

If you are coming down I65 thru Kentucky stop at Whittles near Smiths Grove it is close to Bowling Green and has super prices. They have a web site where you can get address and other info. They are closed Thursday and Sunday

mckwilter 05-06-2015 06:52 AM

DH and I will be going to Nashville in July for the annual meeting of the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society. The shops mentioned are much appreciated, as the only activity I will be attending is the concert Saturday night, so plan to have plenty of time to visit quilt stores. Also, we will be driving from Nashville through Clarksville to Hopkinsville, KY on a "memory run", as we lived outside Ft. Campbell when I was 10 and have never been back. Does anyone know of any quilt stores in Clarksville or Hopkinsville?

thrums 05-06-2015 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 7187895)
If you are coming down I65 thru Kentucky stop at Whittles near Smiths Grove it is close to Bowling Green and has super prices. They have a web site where you can get address and other info. They are closed Thursday and Sunday

I second this stop. You can get off the exit for the Corvette museum. It's out in the country and a beautiful drive. They have fabrics $2-$3 that aren't on the site.