Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Quilt Shops in New York State would you recommend? - ones that are definitely a must visit someday? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-new-york-state-would-you-recommend-ones-definitely-must-visit-someday-t106397.html)

wildyard 03-10-2011 05:21 PM

All the ones I know and many more I didn't know have already been named, so guess I'm just here to learn. Smilesssss

terry leffler 03-10-2011 06:13 PM

I adore Pieceful Quilting in Riverhead & E.Northport.
Then there is 112 Sewing in Patchogue - small but friendly.
A new one opened up here in Setauket ( near Port Jeff) called Beyond the Thimble - seems like it will be good!

pignwdw 03-10-2011 06:15 PM

I will be in the Buffalo,Rochester, Niagara Falls area in mid May and was going to ask this board for suggestions for shops. Thanks everyone for your favorite places.

WANNABEE 03-10-2011 06:22 PM

There are very few in Nassau County and I don't know of any on the South Shore.

MerryQuilter 03-10-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by koko

Originally Posted by redquilter
Here in NYC you have to go to THe City Quilter. I used to have a summer house in the Adirondacks and there was a great shop The Quilting Bee in Queensbury. Did you know it?

I did frequent it but it closed several years ago. Now Adirondack Quilts is the place to go - you won't be disappointed. It's in Glens Falls in the old Shirt Factory building. The building is worth visiting as well since they used to make men's shirts there...it too shut down several years ago but there has been a revival and it now houses many artists and the quilt shop. Great use of the space.

Love that one as well.

MerryQuilter 03-10-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shunem

Originally Posted by shawnemily
I have quite a few "got to go to" favorites!!!

Tiger Lily in Utica has a good selection of a little bit of everything.

If you are looking for flannel there is Heartworks in Fly Creek (near Cooperstown). They have a large selection of other fabrics too.

Pieceworks in Oneonta is a great shop too!! Fantastic sales!!!

The Fieldstone House in Sidney is a huge barn with 2 floors filled to the brim with any and all quilting fabric you can imagine. Anything you need she has!! The only complaint I have is that she never marks anything down. Full price always.

In Syracuse you can't miss Calico Gals and Mission Rose. Both are fabulous shops with great selections.

If you want "Adirondacky" fabric from a quaint; unique shop you have to go to the Black Bear Trading Post in Inlet!!

I know there are more but these are my fav's!!

I was born in Sidney---what a beautiful area. You are making me want to visit!

Fieldstone is a real experience worry about fire hazard though.

MerryQuilter 03-10-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I love JoyFul Quilter in Glenville I could not ask for better help!!!
My Do not bother list goes to Flying Geese in Albany!!! the rudest people ever.

Soo true!

nycquilter 03-10-2011 07:41 PM

I keep telling my husband to let me quit my job and open a shop in Sullivan County (Jeffersonville). So far, no go... but we don't have a really local store there yet...

Patricia Ann 03-10-2011 08:29 PM

The Glovervilles Sewing Center a great place in Gloverville NY

katigirl 03-11-2011 12:36 AM

Quilters Haven is great in Jamestown, NY. :thumbup: