Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shops to visit on road trip? (OR to UT) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-visit-road-trip-ut-t297330.html)

Sleepy Hollow 06-01-2018 06:51 PM

Quilt shops to visit on road trip? (OR to UT)

A coworker has talked me into chasing a concert and taking a road trip to Utah (I'm going alone, he's just a roadtrip/travel/concert enabler). I'll also get to add two states to my "been there" list (currently, I have more countries than states on that list).

So, I'm looking for quilt shop suggestions from Eastern Oregon, through Boise and Twin Falls Idaho, possibly up to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, then down to West Valley City, Utah (near Salt Lake City). I'm thinking of taking two to three days to drive down, then I'll do the drive home in another day or two.

patinpoconos 06-03-2018 07:07 AM

Check. Quiltinghub

clevermom3kids 06-03-2018 07:34 AM

I visit family near SLC and have done a lot of quilt shop hunting in this area. The one I highly recommend is The Quilter's Lodge
12214 South 900 East Draper, Utah 84020

This place is FANTASTIC and you'll wish you could stay there for a week. It's got a great fabric selection and is a retreat center all in one place. It does look like a lodge. Go, Go, Go!!

clevermom3kids 06-03-2018 07:35 AM

Also, check out the Row by Row website as it has a list of participating shops in various states along with the row by row blocks they offer.

stillvnu 06-03-2018 12:26 PM

There is a great store not far from Salt Lake City … something like corn wagon. My sister and I did the row by row a couple of years ago in that area … great shops! Have fun!

quiltedsunshine 06-03-2018 04:09 PM

I'd love you to come to my shop in Logan, UT! It's a nice drive on Hwy 91 that runs parallel to I-15. On this route, you will find "Suppose Quilting Boutique" in Preston, Idaho. "My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe," on 200 East in Logan. And "Stylish Fabrics Bernina" in Downtown Logan, 138 North Main. We're celebrating our 60th year in business! If you continue on HWY 91, you will also come to "Village Dry Goods," in Brigham City, UT. You'll connect to I-15 at Brigham City, and can continue to West Valley City and everything in between. All of these shops are really worth coming to see!

Sleepy Hollow 06-03-2018 05:56 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the ideas! I did not know about the Row by Row thing (I'm still a pretty new quilter, only at it for two years). I'll absolutely make sure to check it out and gather as many patterns as I can. I'll be headed to Leavenworth, Wa, in August, so hopefully they'll be participating this year as well!

Sleepy Hollow 06-03-2018 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine (Post 8069943)
I'd love you to come to my shop in Logan, UT! It's a nice drive on Hwy 91 that runs parallel to I-15. On this route, you will find "Suppose Quilting Boutique" in Preston, Idaho. "My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe," on 200 East in Logan. And "Stylish Fabrics Bernina" in Downtown Logan, 138 North Main. We're celebrating our 60th year in business! If you continue on HWY 91, you will also come to "Village Dry Goods," in Brigham City, UT. You'll connect to I-15 at Brigham City, and can continue to West Valley City and everything in between. All of these shops are really worth coming to see!

Wow, absolutely! I can make Logan a stop on my way down or back up :) I'll PM you later with the dates I'll be driving through, and maybe I can stop by while you're working!

quiltedsunshine 06-03-2018 08:09 PM

That would be great! I look forward to meeting you!

Ranchwife 06-06-2018 10:44 AM

If you ever make it south central Oregon, Tater Patch Quilt Shop in Merrill is AMAZING!! People come from all over to visit that shop and it is well worth it!!