Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt show labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-labels-t93868.html)

Boxer mom 01-25-2011 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so I am going to enter my first quilt and need to know things about the label. What needs to be on it vs. what should be on it. I have an idea from the application but it just calls for A cloth label with my name, address, and pnone number. Should this be separte from the quilt label that has the quilt info on it?

Here is the entry
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167950[/ATTACH]

Aunt Retta 01-25-2011 04:42 PM

Very nice quilt, Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question

LivelyLady 01-25-2011 04:49 PM

Beautiful quilt! I've only entered in the small county fairs locally which are less formal, so I don't have the answer.

dunster 01-25-2011 04:50 PM

I think you can put whatever you want on the quilt's real label. I don't think you would usually want your phone number there! For the quilt show, you can attach a temporary label with the things they want. Sometimes this can be a paper label, pinned on, for smaller shows.

ghostrider 01-25-2011 05:01 PM

What kind of show is it? Will they be having a small sign with the quilt name, etc. displayed in front of the quilt for visitors to see (most do)? If so, during the show period, I would just put the label info they suggested on the back, black ink on white fabric, very plain. It is simply so they can identify the quilt's owner. When the show is over, then you can put your detailed fancy label on the back. Just my opinion based on my own experience, nothing more. If it's a guild show or something small and informal like that, just ask them what's appropriate.

Boxer mom 01-25-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
I think you can put whatever you want on the quilt's real label. I don't think you would usually want your phone number there! For the quilt show, you can attach a temporary label with the things they want. Sometimes this can be a paper label, pinned on, for smaller shows.

It says it will need to be fabric and sewn on, but I think you are probably right. I will do one of each.

Boxer mom 01-25-2011 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
What kind of show is it? Will they be having a small sign with the quilt name, etc. displayed in front of the quilt for visitors to see (most do)? If so, during the show period, I would just put the label info they suggested on the back, black ink on white fabric, very plain. It is simply so they can identify the quilt's owner. When the show is over, then you can put your detailed fancy label on the back. Just my opinion based on my own experience, nothing more. If it's a guild show or something small and informal like that, just ask them what's appropriate.

It will be in the Denver National Quilt Festival April 28 - May 1 2011. The application only says a cloth label with my info on it.

ghostrider 01-25-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
It will be in the Denver National Quilt Festival April 28 - May 1 2011. The application only says a cloth label with my info on it.

Then that is all I would (and did) do at that level. They gave you the name of the curator, right? And contact info for questions? Ask them. It's not a dumb question at all and I guarantee you aren't the first person to ask it! And Congratulations!! :D

Boxer mom 01-25-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider

Originally Posted by Boxer mom

Then that is all I would (and did) do at that level. They gave you the name of the curator, right? And contact info for questions? Ask them. It's not a dumb question at all and I guarantee you aren't the first person to ask it! And Congratulations!! :D

They did not put the number to call but I an google it up since I have the show management name, thanks for your help and suggestions.