Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-t218493.html)

jeanharville 04-07-2013 11:49 AM

The Quilt Show

Have any of you subscribed to the Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Rickey Timms? It costs $42.00 for a year. However, it looks like it would be good, but the price seems high. With so much free quilting videos on the web, I wonder if it's worth it. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Jean

KalamaQuilts 04-07-2013 11:58 AM

I did two years ago, for Sue Garman's block of the month. I asked for my money back because once a subscriber I didn't find anything worth the money. Had a heck of a time getting it too.
I'm probably a square peg though :) I got thoroughly sick of Alex back when she worked for HGTV and quit watching that after two years.

And after looking over the forum, I feel this (free) one is better populated and runs smoother.
My 2 cents. Or 42.00 cents.

If you are determined they probably offer sale subscriptions occassionally. Once they get your email..

Tartan 04-07-2013 12:15 PM

They had free access over the national quilting day a little while ago. I watched quite a few of the programs and they were good. I learned some neat stuff! Would I watch if I could do it anytime with my subscription, I don't know. It does use up a lot of time that I could use for sewing. I have the basic free access and do watch what I can. I am enjoying "Name that Stitch" with Libby Lehman as they come up right now.

mighty 04-07-2013 02:25 PM

I have not , seems kind of high!

Cybrarian 04-07-2013 02:36 PM

I have it and really like it. I purchased my subscription when they offered a 6 month subscription for $24 I think and I got an additional 6 months free. There are a number of quilt classes and demo videos as well as the shows and several other aspects that come with the subscription. For example I had anytime access to Ricky Timms New instructional video (1 1/2 hrs) for about 2 months. I don't access the forum area this Board is enough for me! I dropped QNN for The QUILT Show and still can't get QNN to stop charging my account. I have talked to everyone I can get a number for and still not resolved. DO NOT GET MIXED UP WITH QNN! I regret it immensely!

Rose S. 04-07-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian (Post 5985041)
I have it and really like it. I purchased my subscription when they offered a 6 month subscription for $24 I think and I got an additional 6 months free. There are a number of quilt classes and demo videos as well as the shows and several other aspects that come with the subscription. For example I had anytime access to Ricky Timms New instructional video (1 1/2 hrs) for about 2 months. I don't access the forum area this Board is enough for me! I dropped QNN for The QUILT Show and still can't get QNN to stop charging my account. I have talked to everyone I can get a number for and still not resolved. DO NOT GET MIXED UP WITH QNN! I regret it immensely!

I wonder what went wrong with QNN...I got them for a while and had no trouble at all cancelling my subscription...but finally rejoined again a few months cause I do feel like I get my money's worth there.

How long ago did you have your problems with them...hoping I don't next time around. I feel like forewarned is forearmed. I just rejoined them after being without them for probably 6-8 months.

MartiMorga 04-07-2013 02:46 PM

I have refrained from joining anything that charges a fee - there is just so much available that I want to do that more isn't my problem. Buying fabric instead - sounds better to me. Also, I do get thier newsletter and watch some of the trailers, etc. So much is "modern" that it doesn't interest me. I do like doing their puzzles though, lol.

jeanharville 04-09-2013 06:56 PM

Thanks to all of you for replying. I probably will pass on it unless they run a sale. Marti, you are right, there is so much free stuff that I'm already spending way too much time on this computer and not enough time sewing/quilting.

quilter2090 04-09-2013 08:04 PM

I have watched when they have their free shows once a year. I think over $40 a year is a lot. Also, I really am not that wild about their episodes. I don't know why, but for some reason I just am not fond of their show. So I don't subscribe to it. some people really love it, more power to them. I don't think I will ever subscribe.