Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   QuiltCon 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quiltcon-2016-a-t273961.html)

Monika 01-01-2016 10:11 AM

QuiltCon 2016

I am going to QuiltCon in February, but just for the show. Getting excited about even that much. Any advice other than comfortable shoes? (shoe comfort is ALWAYS a high priority for me...LOL)

ManiacQuilter2 01-01-2016 10:13 AM

When I use to go to Quilt Market, I always had a snack and water in a fanny pack. Break in any shoes before you go. Have FUN.

Onebyone 01-01-2016 10:30 AM

I go to Paducah and that is all day walking, my feet were hurting. On the shuttle bus a fellow quilter told me about these shoes. A quilter next to us heard us talking and she said look, she had on a pair, several more quilters also said Yes, look at mine! LOL They are the best shoes I have ever worn for my feet. They are the only shoes I buy now.
Aetrex shoes. They have orthotics selections too.

toverly 01-01-2016 10:33 AM

Take a fitbit or pedometer. You will be amazed at how far you walk. Enjoy!

toverly 01-01-2016 10:36 AM

Forgot to mention. If you plan on using your credit cards for purchases, notify your bank. At Houston Quilt Festival, several people had their credit cards flagged. The vendors are from all over the country. So it looked like the card was being used in many states at once.

Onebyone 01-01-2016 11:16 AM

I wear a thin jacket/shirt with inside deep side pockets. I don't bother with a purse. I haven't been to a big quilt show that didn't have water available. Water bottles are heavy in a bag. Usually taking pictures is forbidden at vendor booths. Bring a sheet of address labels. That will save you so much time. I had address labels printed with my email and phone # along with my address for signing up at vendors and for prize give aways.

Monika 01-01-2016 04:57 PM

Good tips! I didn't think about it looking like I am buying all over the country. My bank has been great about possible fraud alerts so I need to be on that. And I always carry water and it does get heavy. I have just recently thought to stop the madness, but don't always remember. I lug water and then regret it.

Peckish 01-01-2016 07:23 PM

I take a backpack with me if I plan on making purchases. It's a lot easier to carry around than a purse or shoulder bag, and many places don't allow you to use rolling carts.

sewbizgirl 01-01-2016 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Monika (Post 7420538)
Good tips! I didn't think about it looking like I am buying all over the country. My bank has been great about possible fraud alerts so I need to be on that. And I always carry water and it does get heavy. I have just recently thought to stop the madness, but don't always remember. I lug water and then regret it.

Just drink it and be done with it, LOL! When you get busy such as at a quilt show, you forget all about your daily hydration needs. We need a lot of water.

Stitchit123 01-02-2016 04:51 AM

MIL and me always took our 2 wheel ''ol'lady grocery carts You can hang a tote over the handle for snacks/water bottle to keep your hands free. I always carry my wallet and keys in my pocket.