Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   QuiltCut 2 and Original QuiltCut (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quiltcut-2-original-quiltcut-t123561.html)

MellieKQuilter 05-16-2011 01:48 PM

Does anyone know the major difference between the Alto's QuiltCut 2 and the original QuiltCut?

Thanks!

AliKat 05-16-2011 01:52 PM

Sorry, but I don't. However I know where you can find out. PM me if you want.

ali

scowlkat 05-16-2011 05:38 PM

Quilt Cut 2 has some pieces that are metal where the original has plastic. I think it also has some angle adjustments that are either not possible on the original or are accomplished with more effort. I was looking at them recently because I know someone who wants to sell her original because she never uses it.

pollyjvan9 05-16-2011 06:17 PM

I just bought a Quilt Cut 2, will let you know how I like it. Should be here by Fri or Sat.

pugmom 05-16-2011 06:32 PM

I like mine a lot...

featherweight 05-16-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I just bought a Quilt Cut 2, will let you know how I like it. Should be here by Fri or Sat.

You won't like it, You will LOVE it!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

feffertim 05-16-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by Pollyv9

You won't like it, You will LOVE it!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

you are so right. Love,Love,Love mine

ladydi64 05-17-2011 08:14 AM

i love mine also much easier for me to make straight cuts without any bowing.

ssm-QC 05-17-2011 09:26 AM

We made several improvements when we designed the QC2. First the cutting guide head is made of ABS where the QC1 was made of Acetyl. ABS is much tougher and essentially unbreakable where the original QC1 plastic was somewhat brittle and could break when dropped.

The QC1 'gripped" the rail system with two tabs on either side of the cutting guide head. The QC2 has a "wiper" that makes contact the entire width of the cutting guide head for more even, smooth, stable and secure contact.

We added a bunch more angles to the QC2. It also has a button you push to release and change angles where the QC1 you had to fight the spring a bit to articulate the cutting guide.

The QC2 has a new metal stamped Speed Gauge which is longer and more accurate than the original plastic version.

We also changed the Clamp Bar so it will raise slightly higher making it easier to slip your fabric under it.

The original Quiltcut had a plastic side rail which we had some "tolerance issues" with so we went to an aluminum side rail that is has the exact same dimensions as the clamp so it slides the same on both for overall consistent operation.

We quit producing QC1's in 2002 and I highly suggest anyone interested consider a QC2 over the original given all the improvements.

SSM

MellieKQuilter 05-17-2011 10:15 AM

Thank you for the very concise answer :)