Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilted Name Badges ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilted-name-badges-t21075.html)

littlehud 06-08-2009 05:23 PM

That is such a cute name tag. I want to make one for myself.

Angie 06-08-2009 05:29 PM

Make sure you post a pic when you're finished! Birdhouses might be nice! :wink:

GailG 06-11-2009 08:54 PM

I enrolled in quilting class at the LQS and for the first class the instructor had little blank quilted name tags for each of us. It was a simple 3-strip, print, white, print. It was contructed pillow case style, stitched in the ditch. A safety pin was attached on the back. We wrote our own name with permanent pen. I thought it was a unique idea. The idea of each designing her own name tag is very special. Just think where we could all go with that.

Shelley 06-12-2009 07:37 AM

My guild had a paper pieced house block. We made it with whatever we wanted, quilted however we wanted, and had our name on it.

ScrappyKathy 04-21-2010 09:57 AM

I joined a new guild last week and some of the ladies had a name badge around their neck with a zipper pocket and a clear plastic pocket to insert their name (whether hand written or monogramed. They said they send their fabric fabric to a lady and she makes them. I want to make my own. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern.

GailG 04-21-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ScrappyKathy
I joined a new guild last week and some of the ladies had a name badge around their neck with a zipper pocket and a clear plastic pocket to insert their name (whether hand written or monogramed. They said they send their fabric fabric to a lady and she makes them. I want to make my own. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern.

I'm interested, too.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-21-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
We made some for our guild. (Here are pics of the front and back sides.)
They are "micro-mini quilts". This one is about 3 X 4 1/2 inches. They may not all be the same size if someone has a longer or shorter name.

First we embroideried the name then added crazy patchwork with scraps and machine stitches.
They have a very light batting.
Machine applied "binding". No hand work!
Took maybe an hour??? I did mine at a friend's because I don't have a fun machine that does fancy stitching. :cry: (It's on my wish list)

You can pin them on or use lanyards that have clips.
We have some ladies that like to do beading so they made some pretty beaded lanyards.

Good Luck on your's. Anxious to see what others have done.

sew cute

lclang 04-21-2010 06:04 PM

Our guild just uses a simple four inch block, paper pieced or machine pieced with a light area either in the block or a strip attached to the bottome where you can write your name with a permanent pen. We attach with safety pins stitched to the back. It's just nice to be able to call the ladies by their names and make them feel a part of the guild. One of our ladies does wonderful Brazilian embroidery so she made her name tag with some of the fancy stitches on it. If it's your tag, use your imagination. There are so many ways to make a tag.

sewcrafty 04-22-2010 03:33 AM

With a guild I belonged to years ago, it was very simple. It was done in red, white and blue. Muslim is what was used for the white space. Then the cornors were done in blue, with red rectangles between. Each new member was given a little package with the material in it and had to sew their own. Very cute and easy. The total rectangle was about 3x4. Saftey pin on the back was used to attach it to your top.

Julie in NM 04-22-2010 03:50 AM

My NT is just a simple log cabin! Real simple but I used bright colors to match my personality!