Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilted sweatshirt jackets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilted-sweatshirt-jackets-t79850.html)

Chigger Holler Quilter 12-01-2010 01:02 AM

Have you made a sweatshirt jacket? It's something that I think I would like to do and would like to see your projects or hear 'success' stories. I want to make the jacket fit...not be baggy and to look stylish. A few years ago I saw a pattern system that looked quite interesting....hoping I saved info...waiting to hear from you! Thanks, Connie

Wendys Quilts 12-01-2010 04:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
Have you made a sweatshirt jacket? It's something that I think I would like to do and would like to see your projects or hear 'success' stories. I want to make the jacket fit...not be baggy and to look stylish. A few years ago I saw a pattern system that looked quite interesting....hoping I saved info...waiting to hear from you! Thanks, Connie

Oh yes, I have made one and I wear it all the time. I have had at least one person, every time I wear it, ask about it. THey oohh and ahhhh over it. I had one lady tell me that I should sell them hahaha. Mine is pretty scrappy looking. I used pink for the most of it. It was not that hard to do either. I followed one of the Tutorias that is posted on this board. She did a great job writing the steps out and taking pictures to go along with those steps.

My first sweatshirt jacket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136541[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136542[/ATTACH]

trueimage 12-01-2010 04:34 AM

Gorgeous! I've been wanting to make one, but doubt my sewing abilities.

mrspete 12-01-2010 04:34 AM

I had one my sister inlaw made that was binded and pockets with already quilted material. It was a favorite. I wore it totally out. Great gift idea. Can use up a lot of scraps this way. Thanks

Blessings, Ruth

MamaBear61 12-01-2010 05:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this one for my MIL last year and she seems to really like it.

Mother's Day Gift
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136552[/ATTACH]

1227Granny 12-01-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by trueimage
Gorgeous! I've been wanting to make one, but doubt my sewing abilities.

I love it! Can you share the pattern??

1227Granny 12-01-2010 05:45 AM

Really nice! Can you share the pattern??? THX

Zebra2 12-01-2010 11:32 AM

Bless your heart!! I've lost a bunch of weight and have nothing to wear (seriously). Hate to buy more until things stablize . . . but this I could afford AND do some stash busting!! Love the pics!

IBQLTN 12-01-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zebra2
Bless your heart!! I've lost a bunch of weight and have nothing to wear (seriously). Hate to buy more until things stablize . . . but this I could afford AND do some stash busting!! Love the pics!

Becky, me too! I've lost 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and was going broke buying new clothes. Enter 'thrift store shopping'. I have found some really nice clothes for little money. I buy them, wear them until they don't fit anymore and then donate them back to be re-sold! It's a win-win. But a sweatshirt jacket would be really fun and I have enough stash to make dozens!

Peggy :wink:

Connie in CO 12-01-2010 12:34 PM

Sewing with Nancy has someone come on who does jacket's like these.I have some old sweatshirts that i've been thinking about doing those.You know,the used ones are already shrunk down.I'm Connie in CO