Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters From Florida - Where do you live? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-florida-where-do-you-live-t161268.html)

Scraps 10-30-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jeank

Originally Posted by Rosyhf

Originally Posted by Scraps
Four of us gals drove 2 hrs to Rainbows End - fabulous store, but we were sooooo turned off by the "help". It was awful. After one year we are now talking about going again! Every type of theme fabric there is and the Christmas fabric "room" was awesome!

I thought I was the only one who notice that their help sucked. I will not shop there anymore'

I live about 10 miles from Rainbow's end and have the same attitude. I love Country Quilts and Bears in Clearwater and Happy Apple Quilts in Oldsmar. These may be smaller, but much more friendly.

Jean

Jean - I have written down the other quilt shops and we gals will check them out!! Thanks!

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 10-30-2011 02:10 PM

Hiya Philerena, I live in Brooksville, and I know right where your Dad is, looks like a wonderful place, I'm going to try to make it to the Guild meeting too..hope to see you there!

baskets4moo 10-30-2011 04:12 PM

Hi Andrea, I was counting Once Upon A Quilt on Griffin Road and Sunshine Sewing. I would go broke if I worked across the street from Sunshine. I've never been to Cynthia's but I've heard of it.

Originally Posted by leakus

Originally Posted by baskets4moo
I have lived in Fort Lauderdale since 1981, originally from California. Since we sold our business & retired 3 yrs ago, DH & I became what we call sunbirds. We enjoy our "tough" winters and travel North when its too hot here to see straight. I agree there are not a lot of true quilters living in southeast Florida. We have 2 LQS in our entire county!

Hi Diane, I live in Margate, 15 min west of Ft Lauderdale, I work across the street from Sunshine Fabrics. What is the second quilt shop? Country Stitches closed I believe! We have Cynthia's Fine fabrics in the area.

IBQLTN 10-30-2011 04:54 PM

Jacksonville native here.

Philarena 10-31-2011 08:09 AM

That's great, 'April', (I hope you don't mind me shortening your name? A lot of people just call me 'Phil' - especially in chatroom). What part of Brooksville do you live in?

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 10-31-2011 08:23 AM

I live off of Sunshine Grove Rd close to Barkley

RitaFaye 10-31-2011 08:33 AM

I'm in the Space Coast Area gosh sure is a lot of floridians here..........Rita

petpainter 10-31-2011 09:01 AM

I'm another Space Coaster...Palm Bay. The Quilt Place and Marilou's Quilt Shops are great! I'm a beginner, but my stash is hefty already. Since we are a retirement state, we have a lot of quilters.
Sally

SWEETPEACHES 10-31-2011 09:07 AM

I'm about an hr from Gainesville, an hr from St Augustine and an hr from Daytona.
Georgetown, Fl!

Quiltbeagle 10-31-2011 09:36 AM

How did I miss this posting? Full time Flordian here, I live 20 miles north of Ocala in very rural Fort McCoy.