Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters if you live someplace besides USA please post. Enjoy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-if-you-live-someplace-besides-usa-please-post-enjoy-t52002.html)

craftybear 06-29-2010 05:10 PM

Hi,

I was wondering what other countries are represented on this board besides USA

So if you are a quilter and live outside of USA Please post here to introduce yourself

Please put what country you are from, tell us about how long you have been quilting, what types of quilts have you made etc.

This will be fun! Who is first!

quiltinggrandmaca 06-29-2010 05:31 PM

Hi I am from Canada, Manitoba to be exact. We live about 6 miles from the US border near Bottineau North Dakota.
I have been quilting for close to 20 years, but my first quilts were very crude. I did my cutting with a scissors and was not nearly careful enough about what I was doing.
I have made quite a few different quilts but my all time favorite I think is the log cabin. I have never done any art quilts and as yet have not attempted applique, but someday in the future I will do an applique quilt.

SuziC 06-29-2010 05:38 PM

Great idea to get to know our quilting "neighbors"

Gennynut 06-29-2010 06:27 PM

I am in Canada too, in Southern Alberta. It is about 4 hours to the boarder. Closest I guess to Sweet Grass, Montana. We do have a closer border crossing but it is only open limited hours. It was closed recently due to flooding.

sharone 06-29-2010 07:30 PM

Hi, I am South African, living in Kuwait. I have been quilting for just over two years now. There is a wonderful community of quilters here from all over the world. Good exchange of ideas. No quilt shops here!

Gal 06-29-2010 09:10 PM

Hi, I am from New Zealand in the South Pacific, way down the bottom of the world! I live where the Canterbury Plains meet the foot hills to the Southern Alps which are covered in snow right now!
I have been quilting for about a year, I like scrappy and I like to hand quilt so my output is not very prolific, but I am hooked!

Gal

kwiltkrazy 06-29-2010 09:29 PM

Great to hear from you ladies. I'm from the Oregon coast USA.
I find all your countries absolutely fascinating, I have been to Canada, and we absolutely loved it. We went to Vancouver, then to Vancouver Island and up to Victoria. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Borntohandquilt 06-29-2010 10:52 PM

I'm from North Germany and live in a small village about 50 km northeast from Hamburg. The name of our federal state is Schleswig-Holstein and we have to drive about 60 minutes to reach the Baltic sea. I'm a hand quilter and do wholecloth quilts. I've started quilting in 1989.

Mrs B 06-29-2010 11:30 PM

Hi I'm from South Australia .. the driest state in the driest country! or so we are told. I live in Blakeview a suburb of Elizabeth just north of Adelaide, and south of the Baroosa Valley where great wine is made.
I have been sewing forever and love to make applique quilts. I have been practicing paper piecing.

kwiltkrazy 06-29-2010 11:36 PM

Mrs. B, would love to see some of your quilts. I've seen some of Borntohandquilts fantastic whole cloth quilts. All you other ladies too. Do styles differ much? Or is quilting qretty much the same everywhere?