Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A Quilter's New Years Resolution: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-new-years-resolution-t172605.html)

IAmCatOwned 12-21-2011 01:26 PM

My goal this year is to complete tops using stash - be it stash or UFOs. I have a lot of fabric that can be used for backing, but I can't use it until I finish the project(s) it was intended for.

paulina 12-21-2011 01:33 PM

To make something for myself for once. I have made quilts for most of my family but not a single one for me to use. So I want to make a throw for the living room for me to use when we watch movies and one for our bed.

CoventryUK 12-21-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson (Post 4800544)
Pardon my ignorance but what is a UFO, Unidentified Flying Object is the only UFO I know.

I know you ladies are very versatile and imaginative with your quilts but a UFO, do you hide them in the batting?

Hi Carol!! UFO = unfinished objects!!! I have boxes of them!!!! Too easily tempted to start new projects before finishing others!!!!!!:rolleyes:

My time 12-21-2011 03:23 PM

Good for you. Since I only have two small projects here in the Valley of the Sun it shouldn't be a problem for me to do this as well.

Vanogay 12-21-2011 04:06 PM

Carol - the UFO is a project that has, for some reason, been laid aside and not worked on for awhile. The WIP (another acronym used here) is a work in progress - which generally is one that is slowly being worked on, maybe at the same time as others, but has not been laid aside. Don't you see our difference here???? I have many UFOs and have joined the UFO group for 2012 - I'll work new projects as well, but plan to do more UFO projects than new ones.

newbiequilter 12-21-2011 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict (Post 4796379)
I'm being a bit more realistic than that cause I know I won't be able to go without starting some new projects. My resolution is to finish at least one UFO every two months. Hope I can keep do it.

This is realistic. I will go with this resolution....thank you.

butterflies5518 12-21-2011 06:32 PM

easy peasy only have 3 do to! I am just beyond my first year and not doing too shabby if I say so. Good luck ladies and enjoy the path.

RDM 12-21-2011 07:11 PM

I think I did that one last year and yes, I'm doing it again this year!

katydidkg 12-22-2011 03:29 AM

I think finishing UFO's is a great resolution ! I also need to get really serious about organizing my sewing room alittle more.

lakekids 12-22-2011 01:16 PM

I can't commit to finishing all my ufo's before starting something new. I am afraid that I would get too bored. Instead I will make a commitment to inventory all my UFO's and detail completion steps. I have done this before and it helped me. I will make a list of all my UFO's and steps needed to complete each one. This way I can allocate my time to different steps. Examples would be:

Liz Porter Quilt (started in a class with Liz years ago).
a. Finish piecing border
b. create quilt back (have fabric)
c. layer and pin baste
d. quilt
e. bind

Large scale print quilt
1. layer and pin baste
2. quilt
3. bind

Yellow lone star quilt (super queen size)
1. finish quilting
2. bind

Of course I have tons more quilts that I need to add to the list.