Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters are the nicest people ever!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-nicest-people-ever-t142661.html)

DebQuilter50 08-04-2011 01:58 PM

I asked some questions about quilt guilds and about finding some quilting friends. And WOW WOW WOW!

I have gotten so many messages from people asking where I am and offering their quilting friendship. I am meeting one of these kind quilters for lunch tomorrow.

I also started asking questions and found out that there are at least 3 other quilters in my little town - I am going to visit one on Monday afternoon.

I heard there used to be a group (may still be) 6 miles away that quilts for Project Linus.

I still plan to check out the quilt guild on Monday night.

So, thanks for all of your kind offers and for your great suggestions. Quilters are the best!

Jim's Gem 08-04-2011 02:01 PM

Glad that you are getting to know some other quilters. I have a group of about 8 of us from church who quilt together and go to quilt shows and shop together. 3 of us are members of our local guild. I love my quilting friend. They just happen to have been friends from church who taught me how to quilt!!! Two of them have sons that have since married 2 of my daughters!!!!!

amma 08-04-2011 02:01 PM

How fun for you! Can't wait to hear more about this :D:D:D

craftybear 08-04-2011 02:01 PM

Yes, I agree Quilters are the nicest people ever!

Another way to meet quilters in your area is to set up a meet and greet at a local quilt shop, eat lunch and have show and tell projects.

I am setting up my 5th meet and greet in Shipshewana, Indiana on Sept. 7, 2011 and I get to meet more quilting board members.

If you set a meet and greet up please post it in the offline section here on the board, lots of fun.

Karen, Craftybear

valsma 08-04-2011 02:43 PM

I'm finding that many of the quilters here are fun and so nice. I've now met a couple of the members in person and look forward to maybe doing stuff with them either in the guild or maybe a quilt show. In another week i'm meeting another memeber who I have know online for a few years and who is the sweetest thing. We'll be camping together. While the husbands pan for gold, we are going to do some quilting. I to am finding quilters are nice people.

blueangel 08-04-2011 03:01 PM

It's nice to meet fellow quilters.

QUILTNMO 08-04-2011 06:17 PM

SO GLAD WE WERE ABLE TO HELP YOU HAVE FUN

Becka 08-05-2011 06:19 AM

Aww - you're busy tomorrow! :( I got on to message you and see if we could snag you up to go shopping with us here in Springfield tomorrow. My youngest needs some woodgrain fabric for the shelves on her bug jar quilt and of course that requires visiting every fabric store in a 50-mile radius to make sure we get just the right grain, color, and price. LOL

Have loads of fun, my friend, and we'll wait our turn :)

DebQuilter50 08-05-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Becka
Aww - you're busy tomorrow! :( I got on to message you and see if we could snag you up to go shopping with us here in Springfield tomorrow. My youngest needs some woodgrain fabric for the shelves on her bug jar quilt and of course that requires visiting every fabric store in a 50-mile radius to make sure we get just the right grain, color, and price. LOL

Have loads of fun, my friend, and we'll wait our turn :)

Thanks for thinking of me - I hope you found your fabric!

CarrieAnne 08-05-2011 05:37 PM

Aw, I wish you were closer to me! I would LOVE to go shopping with you!