Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilter's rule (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-rule-t35194.html)

butterflywing 01-26-2010 02:43 PM

if this is the wrong place i'm sure admin or mod will move it on over. thanks, guys.

january 28th at pheonix, arizona

i just received a coupon from quilter's rule for the show above. $1 off the admission and $25 off if you spend a million $$.

i want to pass it on to someone who wants it. i don't know how to do that without giving out my email page. how can i copy the CONTENT of the email without the entire page? just remember, go slow!

nativetexan 01-26-2010 03:36 PM

spend a million $$, sure hon.
you should be able to copy part of an email by high lighting the text to copy and the copy and paste it elsewhere.

marsye 01-26-2010 06:05 PM

I think I'll have to pass on that one. :lol:

butterflywing 01-26-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
you should be able to copy part of an email by high lighting the text to copy and the copy and paste it elsewhere.

i tried that and it spit out the entire page even though i highlighted only the content.

Mousie 01-26-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing

Originally Posted by nativetexan

i tried that and it spit out the entire page even though i highlighted only the content.

did you r. click and select: encoding
then: auto select,
wait for page to change, and then highlight?
(you have just experienced the gist of my computer wisdom:mrgreen: )
NOW,
about the million...
maybe I could have a huge yard sale on fabrics.... :wink:

2wheelwoman 01-26-2010 06:20 PM

I've gotten around this by highlighting the coupon and selecting COPY. Then I PASTE it into a blank Word document that I've opened. When you're printing, all the page has on it is the coupon. You're printing from Word, rather than from the email program (which always seems to want to print the whole darn thing).

butterflywing 01-26-2010 06:35 PM

mouse, i don't have windows, so it doesn't work that way.

2ww, i'm not trying to print. i'm trying to post.

thanks both.

2wheelwoman 01-26-2010 07:01 PM

oops, I misunderstood. However, this might still work for you, if it saves on the Word page as jpg (not sure if it will) you can then post the jpg like you would post a picture. Sorry...best I can do...not to well-versed in this stuff.

butterflywing 01-26-2010 07:45 PM

that makes 2 of us. i'm going to try one more thing, then i give up. if this doesn't work, i'll just delete it and forget it.

i'll highlight and 'save to desktop'. i'll try to attach to a post window that way. i'll preview again to make sure my whole page, with all my info, doesn't show. if that doesn't do it, goodbye post.