Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters Select Rotary cutters and Rulers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-select-rotary-cutters-rulers-t284217.html)

Joan in AK 12-04-2016 10:48 AM

Quilters Select Rotary cutters and Rulers

I was wondering if anyone has tried these products. I am especially interested in the rotary cutters. I am wondering what makes them so special as they are very pricey.

molsonbindie 12-05-2016 04:27 AM

Wow! the cutter looks just like what I have been after, but the price! no way!

Geri B 12-05-2016 04:38 AM

Well, if you read the ad....Alex Alexander is associated with this line, thus the price hike. It seems when a "celebrity" is there, the price goes up!....royalties?

Pagzz 12-05-2016 05:19 AM

I don't have the cutter, but I have two of the rulers. I do really like them. The backing on the ruler keeps it from slipping.

Bneighbor 12-05-2016 05:28 AM

If have not tried the rotory cutter but I really like the rulers. That backing is surprising...it is frosted but not thick, and it really works!
I had a chance to be a tester for her batting. As an art quilter and crafter, as opposed to a traditional quilter (that was why I was chosen) they were interested in their products being advertised towards not only quilter but also to crafters. I used almost all the batting and stabilizers and found most to be exceptional. Yes, I did do a "traditional" pieced quilt and I really like the water activated "sticky" batting...no basting...spritz the adhesive with water and smooth the quilt top, flip and do the back. It took me a while to get the rhythm and amount of water, but it was wonderful! But, as with many things I like, I think they are gazing out this product.

Onebyone 12-05-2016 06:51 AM

A quilt shop I visited has the selection of Quilter's Select products. I was interested in one of the rulers and the shop owner piped up and said the rulers only work to hold the fabric to turn on the Quilter's Select mat. I put the ruler back and said Oh I don't like the color of those mats so I guess I won't be buying the ruler.

QuiltingVagabond 12-05-2016 10:46 AM

I have the rulers and the mat - you do not need that mat to use the rulers, I actually prefer my green Olfa mat but I LOVE those rulers - worth every penny! I have not tried the rotary cutter.

SuziSew 12-05-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7712643)
A quilt shop I visited has the selection of Quilter's Select products. I was interested in one of the rulers and the shop owner piped up and said the rulers only work to hold the fabric to turn on the Quilter's Select mat. I put the ruler back and said Oh I don't like the color of those mats so I guess I won't be buying the ruler.

I've got the 6 x 24 and love it. Not sure what your LQS means, I've used it with a Fiskar mat, (regular and rotating) as well as an Olfa mat and it works fine on all..

Joan in AK 12-05-2016 12:59 PM

Thank you all for your responses. It is good to read about the rulers, but still curious about the rotary cutter.

nativetexan 12-05-2016 04:44 PM

I don't know, i'm still sticking with my Olfa and Omni products.