Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quiltin is good therapy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quiltin-good-therapy-t33910.html)

minnow895 01-12-2010 06:30 AM

i had stopped quiltin for a number of years when i started back to work as an over the road truck driver i had an accident and wound up with closed head injury [brain damage] my nuroligis thought it was great that i did quilting i dose a lot of help in the memory area and it helps get back some of my orginiznalional skills spelling is still not that good yet but it will come anyway my doctor says i have made a lot of improvement just by poecing things together so if you know a person with brain damage get them quilting

BKinCO 01-12-2010 07:05 AM

What a great idea!!! Good luck to you!

paintedquilt 01-12-2010 08:24 AM

You have an excellent attitude! Keep up the good work. I'm sure your little assistant brings tons of happiness into your life. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sunflower7 01-12-2010 08:35 AM

Good luck to you and happy quilting.

sawsan 01-12-2010 10:09 AM

Wow, i read about your problem after I saw your guilt and applique and yes the doctor knows much because you looks terrific throw your work
Thanks 4 sharing advice.

Honey 01-12-2010 11:46 AM

I'm so glad you are doing better. Your possitive attitude has a lot to do with that I'm sure :thumbup: I had put my quilting on hold when my mother became ill. My sister put her life totally on hold and moved in with her. I helped as much as I could. After she passed away we hit a rough patch to say the least. Lack of concentration, motivation, the whole bit. I was councelled to push myself to get back to my quilting. And believe me, I did have to push. But the more I did it, the better I felt. The thing is, when you are quilting you can't worry or dwell on the negative in your life. You are focused on what you are doing. Quilting is the best "therapy" I have ever come across. The look, the feel, the smell and the action of doing something are all positives :!: My sister was not a quilter buy a beautiful seemstress. As she would say, I drug her kicking and screaming into quilting :wink: She still does her regular sewing but is now quilting some, too. She has made some of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen :thumbup: :thumbup: God gave us fabric, needles, thread and the ability to do something with them for a purpose :D We can either wallow or we can create.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-12-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
What a great idea!!! Good luck to you!

Yes, best of luck.

jojo47 01-13-2010 09:06 PM

Welcome, minnow, and best of luck to you! We'll be looking forward to you progress!

blahel 01-13-2010 11:11 PM

sooooo..... just so i understand correctly you are saying quilting is great therapy..ok so now i have an excuse to go buy more fabric!...ooh so now its retail therapy!
:lol: :lol:
Glad to hear that quilting is helping you to get back into the swing of things. Waiting to see what you create.

auntmarie 01-14-2010 02:43 AM

Wonderful! As a RN for over 44 yrs, I can appreciate the tremendous effort it was for you to get better.
Best wishes!
Marie