Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting with baby lock crescendo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-baby-lock-crescendo-t295257.html)

Laschnack 03-05-2018 04:49 AM

Quilting with baby lock crescendo

I would like to use serpentine stitch to quilt but the even feed foot won’t let me choose that stitch. Can I quilt with a regular foot on this machine? New to quilting.

sewbizgirl 03-05-2018 06:24 AM

Instead of switching to the regular foot, I would use the walking foot and make my own curvy lines. They won't be as even as the serpentine stitch, but they will look pretty cool. You can move them wider, too. I think you'll have a lot less trouble doing this than trying to quilt with a regular foot.

You could experiment on a quilt sandwich sample and see which you like best.

Barb2018 03-05-2018 06:46 AM

I'm doing a serpentine stitch on my Bernina and am using an open toed embroidery foot. I don't know anything about the Baby Lock but the foot is a pretty common one. If you have the time go up to the Bernina website and search for foot 20 and see if your Baby Lock has anything similar.

Geri B 03-05-2018 08:06 AM

Did you check with dealer as to why it won't let you? I have BL ellure, I can do serpentine stitch w/walking foot.....

QuiltnNan 03-05-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Barb2018 (Post 8016002)
I'm doing a serpentine stitch on my Bernina and am using an open toed embroidery foot. I don't know anything about the Baby Lock but the foot is a pretty common one. If you have the time go up to the Bernina website and search for foot 20 and see if your Baby Lock has anything similar.

i use the open toe foot on my Juki also

Rhonda K 03-05-2018 04:48 PM

First Questions? Is the foot plugged into the back of machine? I only ask as I have forgot. LOL.

Second Question? What stitch number are you using? Width and length settings?

I think you should be able to use this stitch. I have this machine and believe I've used it too. Are you using the open toe foot on the walking foot?

Can you post a picture of your screen settings? Are you using the L/R shift?

PS: Welcome to the boards and YES you can use the WF. It's in the BL work book manual.

Jingle 03-05-2018 06:24 PM

Welcome to this board.

jmoore 03-06-2018 05:10 AM

Welcome to the QB...you’ll get a lot of wonderful tips and ideas here. I don’t have a Crescendo but I’ve heard great things about the machine and I’m sure they’ll have a open toe or embroidery foot.

Rhonda K 03-06-2018 02:30 PM

Did you get everything set with the WF?

It will feed the quilt sandwich through the machine easier than other feet.

nvrxgal 03-07-2018 10:06 AM

What is the width of the needle opening on your walking foot? On my Bernina I can't use the 9mm wide stitches with the walking foot, so I have to either narrow the stitch width or use the open-toe embroidery foot with the dual feed.