Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting catalogs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-catalogs-t201253.html)

3incollege 09-22-2012 05:09 PM

quilting catalogs

I was getting many quilting catalogs in mail, but, this past year they quite sending them. Is it just me?
I really miss getting them.

sharon b 09-22-2012 05:12 PM

I think a couple things are going on:
1- better tracking on who is actually ordering with all the new software programs out, so if you don't order you don't stay on the lists like you did before
2- more people shop/search on the computer so companies are spending their advertising budget that way
3- maybe they are trying to save a few trees LOL

I miss some of them also - but know I can find them on the internet

3incollege 09-22-2012 05:28 PM

I do order , but mostly on the internet. I just love looking and wishing. I can find more, when in paper form. I can't take my computer in the bathtub!

Jingle 09-22-2012 06:11 PM

I only get one, that is more than I need.

ghostrider 09-22-2012 06:14 PM

Both Keepsake Quilting and Hancock's of Paducah purge their lists of people who don't order after a certain period. I complained to Keepsake that they shouldn't purge New Hampshire addresses for not ordering because when we get the catalog we drive to the shop and wind up spending more that we ever would if we just ordered online. It's cheaper for them thay way too. I seem to have convinced them because I'm still getting the catalog. teehee

Jan in VA 09-22-2012 08:04 PM

You can go online and add your name again to the "order a catalog" section.
If mine lapses that's what I do.

Jan in VA

Jackie Spencer 09-23-2012 05:06 AM

Did you see where Clotildes is changing their name to Annie"s Quilt and Sew? I got their new catalog in the mail the other day.

3incollege 09-23-2012 10:21 AM

I ordered from Clotildes many times , they stopped also. they have to realize that we don't order all the time, but that it is still advertising . It also helps keep the postal service going.

ckcowl 09-23-2012 10:26 AM

i normally receive , keepsake quilting, nancy's notions, clotildes, and connecting threads- many of the print catalogs will drop you from their mailing list if you don't order anything in 6 months to a year- they don not want to (bother you) with catalogs you are simply throwing away with the price of publishing and postage . you can visit the sites that offer print catalogs and sign up to receive them again.

Handcraftsbyjen 09-23-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 5533920)
Both Keepsake Quilting and Hancock's of Paducah purge their lists of people who don't order after a certain period. I complained to Keepsake that they shouldn't purge New Hampshire addresses for not ordering because when we get the catalog we drive to the shop and wind up spending more that we ever would if we just ordered online. It's cheaper for them thay way too. I seem to have convinced them because I'm still getting the catalog. teehee

You are lucky. Keepsake stopped sending me a catalog and I'm in NH.