Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting for Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-christmas-t288109.html)

homefrontgirl 05-09-2017 04:01 PM

I love that robot fabric! I'm not starting any Christmas quilting yet, but I am knitting dishcloths. I've got some summer birthday quilts to make first.

Anniedeb 05-09-2017 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter (Post 7820992)
For me it's usually a mad dash a week or two before Christmas of something quick and easy - fabric boxes; table runner; and the like. And usually it's for a small group (3) of friends and only a token gift at that.

Sounds like me!! I'll start thinking about it the 2nd week of Dec. My group is 7, so still manageable. I used to do different things for each one. Now they all get the same thing...just different fabric!

Nammie to 7 05-09-2017 06:20 PM

I'm making everyone a denim mock cathedral window quilt for Christmas. Have 12 to give to - have 9 completed. The 10th needs 10 more hours of work. The circles for numbers 11 and 12 are cut. I think I might make the deadline!

lynnie 05-09-2017 06:30 PM

in November i started next year. I did pilows that say 'Jingle bells" with bells all around the edges. My cousin just told me she is pregnant so I'm making things for that. For my other cousin, i never see a washcloth, just to know i'm thinking of him, and stocking for his 2 new cats. My cousin that's pregnant wants a 60" tree skirt, in dark blue with silver and gold to match her tree. I have everything for it, just need to get moving on it. May make potholders too for everyone.

Grinch 05-09-2017 06:35 PM

I have a UFP lap quilt that is Christmas themed. I plan to finish it this month and give it to someone for Christmas. Not sure who yet. That is about all the planning I have done.

luvrazz 05-10-2017 07:16 AM

I am making 10 Christmas quilts for my grandkids this year. I am working on the final top. Next I will be quilting them. I made them all approx. 52x60 so I have bought 20 yards of red Minky from Amazon for all the backs. The quilts are all different. My biggest problem is who will get which one.

LianneK 05-10-2017 08:38 AM

I've got a throw in the works for my 7-yr old nephew, and I started two tablerunners for my MIL and GMIL, that I need to get back to (I was concentrating on summer birthday quilts!).

Daylesewblessed 05-10-2017 11:24 AM

I guess I must be subconsciously thinking about Christmas. Yesterday I picked out an almost vintage John Deere Santa Claus pillow panel and coordinating John Deere Christmas fabric from my stash for a pillow. I will start on it in a few days.

Mariah 05-10-2017 11:33 AM

I am making a wall hanging of 4" blocks with Christmas Motifs; 1 large Christmas Tree, 1 small C. Tree, an icicle block and a Snowman. Would really like it to be 8 blocks, but will finish this one, and if time, make 4 more blocks and attach them. Hope to have them in the quilt shows in Aug. and September.

So hard to get anything done with the yard work, cooking, housework, ect.

I love your first one with the Pastel blocks; beautiful! How big will the quilt be when complete?

Mariah

Judith1005 05-10-2017 04:38 PM

Yes, The Holidays will be here before you know it. I need to make 1 table topper for my daughter. That's probably it. I have so little family. And, I gifted a new quilt to my mother last year. (For which, I know she is still using the same one I sent her when I first started to quilt. )

I might try to make a new quilt for DD and DSIL. They need a new one. I just need to buy a few more charm packs to mix with what I already have. They have much different taste then I do. So, it will be hit or miss whether they like it or not. It will be a new try for me. Monochromatic done in Blue's. And a first for using ALL solids.

And, I do have the fabrics for a toddler quilt for my granddaughter.

Oh dear, I guess I have more planned then I thought. I really should get started.

Thanks for the motivation. lol !!!!!

I really like your take on the Chevrons. Really cute!