Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   QUILTING GROUPS? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-groups-t89607.html)

jwatmough 01-11-2011 12:15 PM

I have recently moved to the Annapolis area and would love to meet other quilters. I don't necessarily want a formal type meeting, but just enjoy meeting other quilters to share ideas and learn. I am still fairly new to quilting but love it and enjoy the company of other quilters. Any ideas?

erstan947 01-11-2011 12:19 PM

Maybe see if a LQS has a group or class that you could join.
There may be other quilters on this board you could meet with and shop, etc.

Welcome from Louisiana. Happy you are here:)

MamaBear61 01-11-2011 01:04 PM

Hello and welcome from Ontario.

AnnieH 01-11-2011 01:11 PM

I'm no help to you from over here so just wish you luck and happy quilting.

nanna-up-north 01-11-2011 01:13 PM

I got involved with a quilting group when I worked in another state by asking people I worked with about guilds in the area. I found the local quilting group online, too. I tend to go do things by myself.... don't need a friend to go with me..... I made friends in the group and have since moved away. I still keep in touch with them..

I think going to classes at a local quilt shop will help you make contacts, too. The local shop here has an open quilting session where people just show up and work on a project. Reach out..... there are quilters everywhere and they love have having others to quilt with.... This site is very helpful but sometimes you just want to 'see' in person how something is done.

Good luck... let us know how things are going.

dsb38327 01-11-2011 03:43 PM

At the top of any page
Click on: Home
Click on: Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Read through the titles of the posts to see if there is
something near you.
As well, at the top of any page
Click on: user list
See: Find by location: type in your area and enter.
The responses will be board members who have put their
city/state in their profile. You can send some
private messages to members who are near you.
Good luck and welcome to the Quiltingboard.

LivelyLady 01-11-2011 04:01 PM

Hi from Western MA. I, too, enjoy the informal group. I asked a few of quilters about getting together and we've been meeting the last Tues of every month. There's only 7 of us, but it's a relaxing, fun time. I'm sure when you get to know the quilters you'll be able to start your own group or join one that's started. A good way to do that is to take a quilt class.

mimee4 01-11-2011 07:04 PM

I hope you find a great group to join. Most quilters are helpful people. Glad you joined this group. Welcome from Central PA.

roseOfsharon 01-11-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by jwatmough
I have recently moved to the Annapolis area and would love to meet other quilters. I don't necessarily want a formal type meeting, but just enjoy meeting other quilters to share ideas and learn. I am still fairly new to quilting but love it and enjoy the company of other quilters. Any ideas?

Hello :) I am from the Annapolis area and meet with a group here on Fridays. It is casual and laid back. If you would like more information please send me a pm.

roseOfSharon *Sharon*

jwatmough 01-12-2011 05:28 AM

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for responding to my message. I would love more information about your group.

Jean