Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Journal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-journal-t98369.html)

Tink74 02-09-2011 07:55 PM

I have Facebook :-)

LivelyLady 02-09-2011 07:57 PM

I take 2 pics of each quilt completed and put it in a photo album.....one pic of the whole quilt and the other a close up of the label. I probably should have put more info but didn't. :(

RkayD 02-09-2011 09:36 PM

I wish I could get into the habit...Quilting and otherwise..

fabric whisperer 02-09-2011 09:48 PM

I keep mine as a digital journal ~ but I like the idea of scrapbooking it... then adding fabric swatches, etc. :)

Hen3rietta 02-10-2011 04:48 AM

I have a separate binder journal for my quilts. When I finish a piece I am really pleased with, I take photos of front and back and details and make them into a collage photo page with anything else I want to say about the piece. On another page I paste fabric swatches and add anything I can about pattern sources, fabric names, etc.

Sandy-lou 02-10-2011 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae
I have thought about it many times, but don't have one yet. I have a notebook that I jot down projects and ideas. I've been looking for a nice journal where I could keep fabric swatches, drawings, printouts, etc. but haven't found anything that 'talks' to me.

why not buy a plain art book and quilt cover it

Katiequiltsalot 02-10-2011 07:28 AM

I do,I have pics of every quilt I've made, with the person I gave it to.I also keep one of all my DD makes.Some day she will be glad I did this for her.

hobo2000 02-10-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
I have a separate binder journal for my quilts. When I finish a piece I am really pleased with, I take photos of front and back and details and make them into a collage photo page with anything else I want to say about the piece. On another page I paste fabric swatches and add anything I can about pattern sources, fabric names, etc.

In addition to above, I keep a journal of pleasing color combinations I have seen, charts for HST's, D9p's, blocks I have seen on quilts that go together nicely, patterns I see on QB, basically any info I may want later to help me decide on a quilt, pictures for inspiration, etc. I am on #4 and I go back time after time to flip thru to trigger my mind.

Wench 02-10-2011 08:31 AM

I am keeping a record of the time I put in on my white-on-white quilt, and sometimes I add thoughts to the time notations. Comments on things I have problems with, solutions to the problems, good ideas I have about making part of the project easier--stuff like this goes in with the time. I keep all these notes in a small (about 6 in. x 8 in.) "blank book" that I plan to include with the rest of the quilt documentation. The main purpose of the little book is to keep track of the time so that when someone asks me, "How long did it take you to do this?" I will be able to tell that person how many hours I spent quilting. :-)

sidmona 02-10-2011 08:40 AM

I do. I actually have two. One I have with pictures of the front, sometimes the back and a closeup of some of the quilting. The other, I have a picture of the quilt on one side and on the other a description of the block or pattern used, who it was made for and when it was completed. I really should make a note of how big it is also.