Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting label (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-label-t181437.html)

AliKat 03-02-2012 07:39 PM

I make all my own labels. Do a search and you can find many tutes, including mine, on the QB.

Hints: ink jet printer only ... and DO NOT use Best quality printing as there is too much ink imprinted on the fabric.

ali

Chasing Hawk 03-02-2012 08:58 PM

I make my own using my embroidery machine.

Rose L 03-02-2012 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by tdelamer (Post 5026207)
I personally embroider mine. I try to always put the name of person that made the quilt, city, state and year. Sometimes I will add a special message for the person receiving the quilt.

This is what I do also. I try to work the info in along a border or sash where it's not terribly obvious when viewing the quilt.

117becca 03-03-2012 03:53 AM

I hand write my labels, too. I appreciate the suggestion of the freezer paper - now I'm assuming i find that at the grocery store in w/ wax paper???? :eek:

I include the name of the pattern and as much of the history & dates as possible. I try to think "If this quilt winds up at GW, the person buying it will love knowing what the history is"

gspsplease 03-03-2012 04:25 AM

I buy old doyleys at garage sales and charity shops -- often for only a dollar or so -- and use those for my label. I select one that has an embroidery in the same colours as my quilt. There is usally enough room to fit in my name and year and who the quilt is for.

sewmom 03-03-2012 04:47 AM

I print mine on the computer with fabric that I have treated with Bubble Jet Set. Sometimes it is on 120 count muslin, but usually on a lighter fabric that coordinates with the backing. Sometimes I will import a picture to incorporate into the label. I try to include as much info as I can- name of quilt, original pattern name and name of designer, recipients name, name of LAQ if I sent it out, my name, state , and date. Sometimes I will include a little blessing or prayer on a Bavy quilt. I will also with baby quilts include a card with a poem that I wrote about washing and using the quilt.

117becca 03-03-2012 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by gspsplease (Post 5026931)
I buy old doyleys at garage sales and charity shops -- often for only a dollar or so -- and use those for my label. I select one that has an embroidery in the same colours as my quilt. There is usally enough room to fit in my name and year and who the quilt is for.

That is an awesome idea!!!!

117becca 03-03-2012 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by gspsplease (Post 5026931)

That is an awesome idea!!!!

Valerie Ann 03-03-2012 08:48 AM

I agree with others--Sewnsewer2 is fabulous! She works with you through color and thread selection and her prices are great! Go with her!

sewingsuz 03-03-2012 03:02 PM

I use the book of labels that you Iron On and use fabric markers. Like jcrow. I put freezer paper on the back to make it firm before writing with markers.