Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazines-t271341.html)

Mazda 10-22-2015 07:23 AM

quilting magazines

I am thinking of adding a subscription to a quilting magazine to my Christmas list. The only one I subscribe to now is Easy Quilts.

Any thoughts.....good or not so good magazines?

psychonurse 10-22-2015 07:32 AM

not that I need anyone mags or books but always looking.

I have decided to not subscribe,. prefer to look them over in the store, and buy the one that day that has the most projects that appeal to me .

ManiacQuilter2 10-22-2015 07:37 AM

It does have some nice easy patterns. I prefer to look online to see if there are any patterns I like before I buy the magazines now a days.

QuiltnNan 10-22-2015 07:39 AM

i always enjoy Fons and Porter and Quiltmaker

annt59 10-22-2015 07:42 AM

I like Quilter's world, digital edition.

PaperPrincess 10-22-2015 07:54 AM

What I do is get an issue at the bookstore. Then in subsequent months, I get a couple issues of the same magazine. I love all the patterns and subscribe. Then it seems that I like none of the quilts in the issues that come by mail! I'm letting all my subscriptions lapse and just browsing them at the store and buying single issues. Probably more expensive, but more useful. Maybe you need a Barnes & Noble gift card.

Three Dog Night 10-22-2015 08:19 AM

I have subscriptions to Love of Quilting, Quiltmaker and Block, I used to get several but found I rarely liked or wanted to make any of the patterns. I do still look at magazines at the store but I rarely buy any of them.

QuiltingVagabond 10-22-2015 08:28 AM

Quiltmaker is my favorite, seems like more "my style" I guess...

tessagin 10-22-2015 08:35 AM

I have cancelled many subscriptions in paper. The ones that are still running will run out and I have been able to transfer some to digital. We just got rid of many magazines. If they have a pattern in them, I hang onto those and attach the article. Have put those into a binder. Am trying to minimalize/downsize. Getting harder to clean house and can't stand clutter. Refuse to put it under cover, it will go out the door.

yngldy 10-22-2015 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 7352574)
What I do is get an issue at the bookstore. Then in subsequent months, I get a couple issues of the same magazine. I love all the patterns and subscribe. Then it seems that I like none of the quilts in the issues that come by mail! I'm letting all my subscriptions lapse and just browsing them at the store and buying single issues. Probably more expensive, but more useful. Maybe you need a Barnes & Noble gift card.

That always happens to me too! And then, when you let them lapse, they start having some great patterns. Having said that, I just subscribed to an offer of Quiltmaker and Love of Quilting for $25 for 1 yr. I figured I would probably spend $25 on a few during the year, so I went for it. It is harder to find magazines since HL stopped selling, and Joann's and Michaels put their rack in the cashier line. If you turn around to look for a magazine, you lose your place in line, or people in line get rude with you (you are in their way) if you stand there looking at magazines. Just not worth it! B&N too far to drive just to look for a magazine.