Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Motivation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-motivation-t290217.html)

ocydroma 08-06-2017 04:28 AM

Quilting Motivation

I would love to hear from those who get motivation from music to quilt or what do you prefer to listen to while quilting? List either names of songs (and artist), certain artist or genre.

I will list mine later in the post. But I definitely have music that motivates me quilt and feel more artistic.

QuiltnNan 08-06-2017 04:32 AM

i usually just have the tv on in the background. i don't like a quiet room and not really interested in listening to music

KwiltyKahy 08-06-2017 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7880673)
i usually just have the tv on in the background. i don't like a quiet room and not really interested in listening to music

I thought it was only me that felt this way

Stitchnripper 08-06-2017 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy (Post 7880691)
I thought it was only me that felt this way

Count me in too!

SusieQOH 08-06-2017 05:18 AM

I love to listen to audiobooks practically all the time. Sewing, cleaning the house, gardening, etc.
I also have a Springsteen playlist that I love. Other music as well but I'm always in the mood for the Boss :)

bj 08-06-2017 05:48 AM

I mostly listen to contemporary Christian music or books. Sometimes I just enjoy the quiet.

Sleepy Hollow 08-06-2017 05:53 AM

When I do listen to music, it's mostly 90s alternative and Weird Al. Sometimes some 80s rock. I used to listen to country (mostly in the 90s), but don't listen to that as often anymore.

However, most of the time when I'm quilting, I'm playing documentaries on youtube, movies I don't have to pay a lot of attention to (either because I've seen them, they don't have a plot where you have to focus, or it's just for noise), or I listen to French lessons. Lately, when hand quilting, I've been watching The Americans (I have to stop quilting to read subtitles when they start speaking in Russian though).

loisf 08-06-2017 06:14 AM

Like Sleepy Hollow, I watch Netflix, Showtime, Starz, HBO, Cinemax or PBS on my computer while quilting. I don't have a TV in my sewing room. I watch documentaries (I love Ken Burns' work), old movies I've seen before, nature programs, Frontline, and TV series that I've seen before (so I don't have to pay close attention) like Call the Midwife, Doc Martin, Breaking Bad, etc. For some reason, I don't listen to music. Maybe I should start.

Jordan 08-06-2017 06:59 AM

I usually have the tv on in the background. Sometimes have country music playing but not much interested in listening to music. Sometimes it is just nice to have a quiet house since there are 6 living here-daughter, 3 granddaughters and husband. Gets kinda crazy around here sometimes!!

Susanna10 08-06-2017 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by loisf (Post 7880763)
Like Sleepy Hollow, I watch Netflix, Showtime, Starz, HBO, Cinemax or PBS on my computer while quilting. I don't have a TV in my sewing room. I watch documentaries (I love Ken Burns' work), old movies I've seen before, nature programs, Frontline, and TV series that I've seen before (so I don't have to pay close attention) like Call the Midwife, Doc Martin, Breaking Bad, etc. For some reason, I don't listen to music. Maybe I should start.

Same here, but I am deaf. I do have a TV in my room, but watch mostly news on TV. Have 45 days free on Hulu and have watched all of The Handmaids Tale and watching Chance now. Will drop it after the 45 days because I have Nexflix and Amazon.