Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting prices, good or what? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-prices-good-what-t241670.html)

twinkie 02-22-2014 01:17 PM

We are also in a rural southern town and we have a lady in a nearby town whose prices are similar and she has always done a great job. If it is a custom quilting job, she charges $125 for a queen size. She has done about 20 quilts for me. There are those who do it for the love of quilting and do not want to make a living out of it. I can understand charging more if you are trying to pay for an expensive machine or want to enter it in a show. My quilter has a 12 ft, $15,000 Gammill but got it for her own quilts and just does it as a past time. Good luck. You might want to try a small baby quilt and see if you like their work.

kathdavis 02-22-2014 01:37 PM

I have found it is so much cheaper in smaller rural towns. I have paid less than $30 for a king size and she supplied the batting. Just check the quality of work because it does vary.

jmoore 02-22-2014 05:57 PM

wow, those prices sound very, very reasonable... like all of the previous posts, you just want to see what you're going to get for your money. Please share your experience, it might be worth some of us mailing our quilts to your little rural area for quilting if they do a quality job.

Havplenty 02-22-2014 06:58 PM

Ooh do you mind sharing the name of your quilter? I have several tops that I would like to have quilted for me. I am in the St. Louis burbs also. PM me.

Mary

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 6589347)
My long arm quilter is 84 years old and does panto's across the entire quilt, all by her hand guiding the machine. She does very good work, a queen size quilt is $45 with me supplying backs and batting.

Farm Quilter 02-22-2014 09:53 PM

Wow, I am glad I don't live there! I do longarm quilting as a business and my prices start at $0.02/sq. inch up to $0.10/sq. inch. I mostly do custom quilting, not edge to edge, and mine is all hand-guided, not computerized. My customers supply their own backing and batting or they can buy their batting from me if they want. You definitely want to see samples of their work and know definitely what you are getting for your money. I can't do quality work that fast - even working with a friend's longarm that is computerized, I spent 12 hours a day for 8 days working on my daughter's wedding quilt...I will finish it on my longarm! If you just want a simple pattern, they may be able to help you out!

Painiacs 02-22-2014 11:21 PM

Thats close to what I paid my last 2 LA and they are great!!!!!

localgirl1 02-23-2014 03:46 AM

quilting price

Originally Posted by Annie Pearl (Post 6588143)
I live in a rural area in southern Illinois in a town of about 15,000. This morning I went to a very small QS in a small town close by. I was talking about the cost of quiling and she gave the name of some folks that quilt. I was suprised at how cheaply I can have a quilt done. Their prices range from $25.00 for a baby quilt up to $60.00 for a king size, if you supply the batting and backing of course. She also had a sheet of paper with all their quilting designs to choose from. The woman at the quilt shop has used these people herself and she was very satified.
Soooooo what do you think? Aren't the prices very resonable or am I wrong in thinking so? :sew::wave:

King size $60 that's GREAT pricge.

localgirl1 02-23-2014 03:49 AM

$60 for quilting King Size quilt that is a great price!!!!

nunnyJo 02-23-2014 03:54 AM

prices are phenomenal and she will be inundated with quilts. I also use a lady in WV. for a few of my quiltsa

localgirl1 02-23-2014 03:59 AM

GREAT price $60 for King size.