Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting queen sized quilt on my machine... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-queen-sized-quilt-my-machine-t264123.html)

Dina 04-17-2015 09:04 AM

Quilting queen sized quilt on my machine...

I may be speaking too soon,but I am enjoying quilting my queen sized quilt on my domestic machine. I have heard so many horror stories that I was very uncertain about it, but so far I am actually enjoying it. I hope that feeling continues. :)

I am Stitching in the Ditch. My quilt is 104" x 96. I figure that I am 1/10 done. Like I said, hope I feel the same way with the last 9/10. So far it is very satisfying, especially as I had half convinced myself I wouldn't be able to do it.

:)

Dina

Dina 04-17-2015 10:16 AM

I just reread what I wrote, and I sound like i am bragging, when I mainly meant to sound relieved. :( Anyway, my math was a bit off, and I am more like 1/20 done. Oh well, just 19/20 to go, and at least I am not hating it....

Dina

ManiacQuilter2 04-17-2015 10:18 AM

Hey Dina. I quilted all my quilts on my Bernina. My avatar is a queen size quilt. The trick is just having the support for the quilt on you left and behind the machine. Have fun !!! :)

Dina 04-17-2015 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7167812)
Hey Dina. I quilted all my quilts on my Bernina. My avatar is a queen size quilt. The trick is just having the support for the quilt on you left and behind the machine. Have fun !!! :)

I think I have support on three sides....one is to the left, one in back, and then the quilt inspector support behind me, which takes up more than his share of the chair. My son just took a picture, though it is sideways and you will have to kink your neck.

(I got dressed to run and then it got misty and windy, so I have gone back to quilting, running shoes and all.)

Hot Rod, quilt inspector, claims he is the one making this task satisfying....

Dina

FURBALLS 04-17-2015 11:32 AM

I am also quilting a quilt on my DMS, queen, that has been sitting around for almost a year. I do all my quilts on my DMS. Can't afford a longarm.

geevee 04-17-2015 11:42 AM

So good to hear it's going well, Dina. I'll be joining the queen quilting on a domestic party soon, I have all the blocks done and laid out for a patchwork argyle, it'll be a summer quilt, no batting but a flannel backing, after that's done I plan to do a jewel box winter quilt (70/30 eco batting), well, if the first one goes okay and leaves me some sanity. lol

Dina 04-17-2015 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by FURBALLS (Post 7167897)
I am also quilting a quilt on my DMS, queen, that has been sitting around for almost a year. I do all my quilts on my DMS. Can't afford a longarm.

Good to know I am quilting in good company. :) Of course, if I would stay off the QB, I would get more done. :)

Dina

Dina 04-17-2015 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by geevee (Post 7167906)
So good to hear it's going well, Dina. I'll be joining the queen quilting on a domestic party soon, I have all the blocks done and laid out for a patchwork argyle, it'll be a summer quilt, no batting but a flannel backing, after that's done I plan to do a jewel box winter quilt (70/30 eco batting), well, if the first one goes okay and leaves me some sanity. lol

I hope that you find it easier than you thought it would be. I know I am sure relieved. I haven't sewn with a flannel backing yet...think I might like that. It sure would feel good to the touch!

Dina

Sewnoma 04-17-2015 12:11 PM

There is something about this picture that puts me in a good mood. I've been having a rough day, but the simple image of you in your chair, doing your quilting, with your beautiful cat behind you...somehow it helps.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Dina 04-17-2015 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 7167922)
There is something about this picture that puts me in a good mood. I've been having a rough day, but the simple image of you in your chair, doing your quilting, with your beautiful cat behind you...somehow it helps.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Awww, how sweet. Hot Rod and I each send you hugs...

Dina